IDIOTS kill a nurse shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting the video, Debby

Just so annoying on so many levels - sad, but with a real "Miami Flavor" to the story :shakehead:

First, that it happened

Also, like you could not take one look at it and not know it was a Nurse Shark - dosen't anyone at local stations dive - someone should have been able to identify the shark b/c the reported could not - but at least they reported in the sharks favor, instead of how sad it was these poor unfortunite people who society has shunned were forced to do this and so on. :shakehead:

It really was not their fault - bad behavior never is; always the fault of:

a) Someone else
b) Persons environment - Institutional racism/societal bias
c) Government
d) Parents
e) The school system
f) ADD/AHDC
g) Being a lazy knucklehead too stupid to take advantage of all available positive options instead choosing to waste your life and become a burden to others via making bad choices of your own choosing

Hey, I have novel idea - lets dispose of the vagrants, the bums who - oooops, sorry, lets be politically correct - "homeless" - who did this along w/ the sharks carcass.

I'm so totally sick of these people - they sleep on the streets when they could be in places like the Camillus House - they bother you at intersections - where you can't "escape" - panhandeling with their BS signs "Will work for food" - that's a laugh; offer them a job and see what they say.

And please - I've heard the stories how many of these are mentally ill, and how we don't institutionalize them any more b/c they can be medicated - sorry, we have real problem w/ them in Miami - if your heart bleeds for them, be glad to pay for a 1 way bus ticket to send them to you.

And before any of the bleeding hearts post how terrible and lacking in compassion I am, I'll say this - we contribute (very likely) more than many to various charities so quite to the contrary that we don't believe in helping others - but you need to do at least a little for yourself. :no:

I can't imagine how hard that must be dealing with all the bums down there.

It must be hard being a person of privilege, living in the Grove.

Not a terribly cool post and rant about the homeless.

Two vagrants wondering the streets, dragging a shark and trying to sell it, it sounds like a scene out of Cannery Row. Taking the Metromover adds a modern twist to the tale.
It reads like a Carl Hiaasen novel.

That's not right, but it seems people get their feathers more ruffled over animal cruelty vs when a woman gets raped or there is a child abuse case... animal vs human? hmmm

It's an animal people, not right, but at the end of day it's an animal...
And this is a SCUBA DIVING forum where we talk about diving and marine life, etc. It would be inappropriate to post a rape or child abuse story in the Florida Conch forum.

Actually this story is a sad commentary on human behavior at MANY levels.

poor old gummy. Glad to see miami police had three police cruisers parked keeping the public safe from a dead stinking 4 ft nurse shark carcass--how about this---grab the tail---throw in a garbage bag and wait for whoever needed to identify the possibly rare species to get there----shoot--they could of left this one up to a bicycle officer.

What is a New Caster?

I see it's pick on Becka day
icon_redface.gif
:rofl3:

I treat mine with salt, pepper & garlic. This really brings out the natural flavors.

Thnx I will pass that off to Emeril

I can't imagine how hard that must be dealing with all the bums down there.

Actually, it is - they are all over the place

It must be hard being a person of privilege, living in the Grove.

No, not really; my life is pretty good :D - Everything we have - everything - has come as the result of hard work - not winning a lottery, inheritence, nor doing anything illegal

I make no apology for any success my wife and I have achieved - in the spirit of full disclosure, we do live in the poor section of the rich area of the Grove :rofl3:

I may be of the last generation (although I certainly hope not) that believed with hard work, all things in America are possible

Not a terribly cool post and rant about the homeless.

Wondered how long it would be till someone like you posted - just glad it seems quite a few agree with me.
I take back nothing I posted - but my offer certainly applies; let me know how many you want and the trip up your way - one way, of course - is on me

Just a little fed up with the rights of those who deviate (in the socological sense) from the norm trumping others -

Want to sleep on the street, passed out in broad daylight - its OK as its their constitutional right - want to gather en mass at night in a parking lot - when there is space in a shelter - don't think of telling them they have to go - sick of being bothered for "spare change" or "donations", either on the street, or at an intersection where you can't "escape"? Its "their" right to panhandle. What about MY - YOUR - OUR rights vs theirs?

Interesting you make a personal attack, but don't refute anything I posted - but you are certainly entitled to your opinon, as I am to mine.

Don't even get me started on how "those people" act in a public library.

And you can't ask them to leave b/c they have the RIGHT to be there - dozing, smelling, bothering other patrons - thanks for reinforcing my point, Debby:D

STOP! Let's don't turn this into a thread about the bums in S. Fla. That's a big enough subject for an entire new forum. Besides, that's the price you pay for living in Paradise.

STOP! Let's don't turn this into a thread about the bums in S. Fla. That's a big enough subject for an entire new forum. Besides, that's the price you pay for living in Paradise.

I originally came from NYC and there were plenty there also. I guess thats the price you pay for living in NYC also

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom