IDIOTS kill a nurse shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric, if you ever lose your job with the PoPo you will have a great job as a humor columnist! come on, Dave Barry needs to retire eventually, right?

Rob, I don't know if you know that my prior spouse was a WPLG news dude...we used to laugh that our local news was always international news. There is definitely a weirdness factor here!

That said, I had quite the Carl Hiaasen day today but it's time for bed. Tell you more over rum runners at Le Tub.

1) i thought the norm in miami was anything is possible

2) i thought santaria a sublime song

3) now i know why i have bad "juju" freaking gumball cost me a life of misery

on a serious note last summer i think they caught and charged people involved in killing the stingray at peanut island, hopefully it will happen to these people and if they are Illegal "migrants" hopefully they get deported or someone puts a bag over their heads and lets them see what its like to sufficate for 24 hours

what i dont get is if you arnt going to keep something for your self which you usually kill and ice, legitimatly selling it which you usually do the same or atleast ice it, or if you do stuff like this normally you have someone willing to buy it that you wouldnt have to worry. These guys seemed to be walking aimlessly dragging this shark trying to sell it for 20 bucks they more than likely were trying to sell it for drug/drinking money.

ohh and the bum's in florida are a problem, after a hurricane scare when your local schools are turned into shelters and the homeless fill them up before people paying taxes and needing it because they are in wood frame houses or trailers and suck up some of the tax dollars they are able to leach off of then kids go back to school and it smells of a mix of vomit, BO and liquor its great for the children to be around and have comfortable learning experiences. I was in chicago and saw i think 3 in downtown chicago that looked like they could contend with ours where if i drive through west palm i see about 30

Amazing the stuff that passes for the "norm" in Miami - you can't describe this place; after 30 years down here you do get "used" to stuff that in 95% of the country people would not believe actually happens

But living here all my life, I could never live anywhere that's "normal" :wink:

Eric, if you ever lose your job with the PoPo you will have a great job as a humor columnist! come on, Dave Barry needs to retire eventually, right?

Rob, I don't know if you know that my prior spouse was a WPLG news dude...we used to laugh that our local news was always international news. There is definitely a weirdness factor here! Did not know that, Debby - the wierdness factor is almost always present! :shakehead:

That said, I had quite the Carl Hiaasen day today but it's time for bed. Tell you more over rum runners at Le Tub.
Gotta go w/ you soon

what i dont get is if you arnt going to keep something for your self which you usually kill and ice, legitimatly selling it which you usually do the same or atleast ice it, or if you do stuff like this normally you have someone willing to buy it that you wouldnt have to worry. These guys seemed to be walking aimlessly dragging this shark trying to sell it for 20 bucks they more than likely were trying to sell it for drug/drinking money.

ohh and the bum's in florida are a problem, after a hurricane scare when your local schools are turned into shelters and the homeless fill them up before people paying taxes and needing it because they are in wood frame houses or trailers and suck up some of the tax dollars they are able to leach off of then kids go back to school and it smells of a mix of vomit, BO and liquor its great for the children to be around and have comfortable learning experiences. I was in chicago and saw i think 3 in downtown chicago that looked like they could contend with ours where if i drive through west palm i see about 30

I think you should read my posts on the subject - just a guess, but i think you will tend to agree :rofl3:

But living here all my life, I could never live anywhere that's "normal" :wink:

So true, Brian, so true.....

I don't really know if it's intolerance or rotten fish...
But I sure of one thing : this thread stinks.

Sorry, the only thing I have little tolerance for are those who - by their own disgusting, anti social behavior - bring down the quality of life for all - visit most cities in the USA and you will see what I'm talking about.

If you want a better example - I'm sure many would be happy to visit you in France....:rofl3:

I think you should read my posts on the subject - just a guess, but i think you will tend to agree :rofl3:

i did see your post and i kinda do agree, i think our bums are the worst. i find it funny that downtown newyork, downtown chicago, and what i have experienced of LA it better than west palm. Miami i know is pretty bad for them and Ft. lauderdale i know is worse than west palm. today i was getting off 95 and saw a "bum" wearing a tommy bahama t-shirt, Polo shorts and birkenstock's it seems like we just have more and more people that try to freeload as much as they can off everyone and try living the bum lifestyle as much as possible just to be able to free load better. there is one that lives by me in loxahatchee that has a boat hull flipped that he lives under and has a fishing pole and little makeshift bbq pit that you see at the laborer pickups or fishing

its kinda cool but kinda sad that i can say that i atleast have some respect for him

If you want a better example - I'm sure many would be happy to visit you in France....:rofl3:
Why not ? And what about you ? You're wellcome .
You will love France :

Le "Gai Paris" :
sdf.1227815208.jpg

True romance in the early morning
sdf2.jpg

A poet by the Seine river
27180_une-sdf.jpg

Shopping on " les Champs Elysées"
31535a-le_froid_arrive_les_centres_d_hebergement_deja_satures.jpg

Tipical French life style
200811290462_w350.jpg

Mmmmmh, 'could be too late for this one...
soins-sdf.jpg

Homeless are not an American problem, homeless are the shame of our rich post industrial societys.
When you say they just have to work hard and get out of the streets to go in the publics shelters, you don't solve the problem, you make it worse.
I saw that many people agree with you, I just wanted to give a different opinion.
No need for a debate, you won't change your mind, neither will I.

This thread is not a thread about homeless, it is a thread talking about 2 idiots carryning an enormous fish through the town, a very funny storry that could have been an excellent scenario for a good Cohen Brother's movie.

Sorry.....thought I was done w/ this but.......

Despite your really good photos (seriously) you make my point(s)"

"Homeless are not an American problem, homeless are the shame of our rich post industrial societys.

Well, you are half right :rofl3:

When you say they just have to work hard and get out of the streets to go in the publics shelters, you don't solve the problem, you make it worse.

There is a significant core of the "homeless" that want this life - and to me, I hate to see them screw up beautiful cities - like Paris - with their disgusting behavoir - I can't get past it b/c whenever something is proposed to deal w/ the proble - the rights of the "homeless" always seem to trump everyone elses.
Sorry, to me, a person does not have the right to live like a absolute pig by their choice. How do they help the quality of life - I cannot for the life of me see how someone would want to live this way - and when offered help, assistance - refuse it :confused:

Believe it or not, I'm really a "live and let live" kind of guy - but when your actions affect me, I'm going to speak up.

As long as this type of behavor is tolerated, it continues - and please.....you can't tell me these people are not blight on a beautiful city like Paris.

I saw that many people agree with you, I just wanted to give a different opinion.
No need for a debate, you won't change your mind, neither will I.

We can disagree w/out being disagreable :D

There are those who believe the earth is flat, that Americans never walked on the moon, et al - but that does not make them right - just wrong - or misguided

This thread is not a thread about homeless, it is a thread talking about 2 idiots carryning an enormous fish through the town, a very funny storry that could have been an excellent scenario for a good Cohen Brother's movie."

Actually, they are central to the story - and what really got me going on this - despite some comic "only in Miami" aspects to the story - is the nurse shark in question lived for many hours, suffering greatly.

So you will pardon my not finding much funny about the animals suffering, or the idiots involved.

There is a significant core of the "homeless" that want this life - and to me, I hate to see them screw up beautiful cities - like Paris - with their disgusting behavoir - I can't get past it b/c whenever something is proposed to deal w/ the proble - the rights of the "homeless" always seem to trump everyone elses.
Sorry, to me, a person does not have the right to live like a absolute pig by their choice. How do they help the quality of life - I cannot for the life of me see how someone would want to live this way - and when offered help, assistance - refuse it :confused:

First off all sorry if I've been disagreable.
You know what it is : french are rude...

If you really want to understand the homeless refusing help, you should spend a single night in a public shelter between a drunk and a shizophrenic, you probably would decide to do like most of them and sleep outside.
These people are suffering, all of them.

You are perfectly true, this shark also suffered and died like every fish we eat, some of them are taken off the sea, fishermen chop off the fiins and throw them back into the watter. 100 millions of shark die every year because of human fishing activitys.

Is this storry surprising because the shark suffered or because the 2 idiots carried it in the city train ?
BTW, i also have to apologize for my stupid and irreverent sense of humor .
But you know what it is : homeless are pigs and once again, french are rude.:shakehead:

(Edit : i picked up the pics on the web, I'm absolutely unable to take pictures like that, for many reasons)

Edit once again :
There are those who believe the earth is flat, that Americans never walked on the moon, et al - but that does not make them right - just wrong - or misguided

"those" you're talking about are NOT me, I do believe the earth is NOT flat ( there are mountains and some smaller hills...and trees also...and, and few holes...).
I do believe that americans went on the moon. But you're right, I saw a video : Buzz Aldreen was smashing a fat guy's face because he asked him why he tried to make us believe that he walked on the moon.
And guess what ? this guy was also an american ! :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom