IDA-71 Homebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be able to use the 2L bottle on the left side I needed to drill a bigger hole in the side to fit it in the case. Then it struck me, I must have a pressure gauge on the bottle and I only had one the came originaly with hose, so I found an adapter with bsp 1/4 male to something smaller then female 7/16. Then I drilled it out and made 7/16 threads so I could use a standard gauge.
For filling, im using a Female DIN witch i use on the "original" HP port and remove it when done.

By now I just had to figure out a good way to use the original DSV, so simpel solution was to use a mouthpiece from a 2-stage and use garn to secure it and it been working as a dream, after some adjustments.

I also added 4kg weight on the cover to compensate for the lifting caused by the CL. This will be made differently later tho.

As you have seen now, I have 2options of bottle use. Here you can see when using only 2L and the org. O2 bottle with DIN-valve, filled with air for dry suit and bailout(IF shallow).

What's the future? Well I suppose someone here on the forum has some suggestions but beside from that I want to nickel plate all the parts, paint bottles with correct colour code and some fine tuning to get it fully adopted to my needs.

Specially thanks to @Snusmumrik who gave a lot of useful information and good man to exchange ideas with.
20240827_070756.jpg
20240902_203538.jpg

20240902_203635.jpg
GOPR0139(1).jpg
GOPR0142.jpg

Hello Marre,

really cool ! I have the same project going on.

A friend told me that, 2,5 liter , diameter 114 mm bottles are optimal, even hard to find though.

Hello Marre,

really cool ! I have the same project going on.

A friend told me that, 2,5 liter , diameter 114 mm bottles are optimal, even hard to find though.
I`ve only heard about 2L but I saw on mine that I could mount thick 3 or 3.5L bottles, if turning the scrubber 90degrees. That means major changes in the CL and the structure with the valve ending just underneath.

Whats the major depth your planing to use it on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom