IDA-71 Homebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marre

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought one IDA-71 rebreather. I wanted to keep it as original as possible but because its hard to finde spare parts in Europe I`ve decided to go away from the original.
It will be a mix between ida-71 and Ida-59, I will use one bottle, "Junctionblock")For potential 3 bottle and the CMF from Ida-59.

While going through the rebreather I found out that the exhaust hoses inside the counterlung had dry-cracks so I need to replace them, I have been searching for them localy and online but I cant finde anything similar. Idealy they should be soft silicon hose with some type of clothing as protection and corrugated, Soft so I can secure them using rope. Seems tho that I cant finde and will need to be using one hose(one scrubber).

So, anyone who can guide me where to finde these hoses or some replacement?

In worst case I am removing one scrubber and using just one hose, but it must be soft and corrugated.

Hoses (Grey)
InnerDiameter: 20mm
Lenght: 120mm

Worst Case
Lenght: 400mm

Thank you

Attachments

• 448653175_3719139458334364_3959451048819711612_n.jpg
    448653175_3719139458334364_3959451048819711612_n.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 23
Hi,
I bought one IDA-71 rebreather. I wanted to keep it as original as possible but because its hard to finde spare parts in Europe I`ve decided to go away from the original.
It will be a mix between ida-71 and Ida-59, I will use one bottle, "Junctionblock")For potential 3 bottle and the CMF from Ida-59.

While going through the rebreather I found out that the exhaust hoses inside the counterlung had dry-cracks so I need to replace them, I have been searching for them localy and online but I cant finde anything similar. Idealy they should be soft silicon hose with some type of clothing as protection and corrugated, Soft so I can secure them using rope. Seems tho that I cant finde and will need to be using one hose(one scrubber).

So, anyone who can guide me where to finde these hoses or some replacement?

In worst case I am removing one scrubber and using just one hose, but it must be soft and corrugated.

Hoses (Grey)
Lenght: 120mm

Worst Case
Lenght: 400mm

Thank you
Hi.
I haven't personally "play" with a 71 but it looks to me that most of the mod I saw involve keeping only the central scrubber and frame it with an oxy and dil tanks.
As for the hose, just use a Ray hose and cut it.
Regarding the CMF you want to cannibalize from a 59, I would be very careful as this 59's CMF is not a normal CMF. The 59 is/was intended to be used as an escape RB (one tank is even Tx) and the CMF is linked to pressure giving different flows.
But I might be wrong...

You should try facebook, there are tons of various group dedicated to rebreather diving or even to specific rebreathers brands/models, even the most unheard of, or even home brewed ones.

I'm a member of this group : Bei Facebook anmelden dedicated mainly to pure O2 rebreathers, but any subject related to diving is welcome. IDA are not unknown on this group so, maybe someone could point you in the right direction.

Best of luck.

I found out that the exhaust hoses inside the counterlung had dry-cracks so I need to replace them,

Europe is the hub for these equipment parts and what parts do you really think you need

I have many of this stuff and have seen many people play with this stuff
and many of these old things, have dry cracks, on the ends of the hoses
but are perfectly sound and ready to use do not leak and never will leak

So now you have pulled off the tape and cut up the string for no reason

Did you know I bought my IDA-64 from Sweden!

As jale has warned, and now I am saying, you have some more reading and internet walking to do

Did you know the ida-71 had a part in the ideas for the rEvo

Getting warmer!!!

Wow, thank you for all answers. This was a great idea.

So regarding the CMF from an IDA-59, that one will ofcourse be calibrated and thoroughly looked through.
Actually all pressure related items will be tested and calibrated according to correct pressures.

Hoses inside the lung had dry cracks which is leaking, did a small pressure test to finde out that.

I have been thinking and I think I will go for one hose and glue one hole and keep one hole as a drain in case of water inside the lung or for cleaning. What do you think, unnecessary and better glue both holes`?

Also one thought that I havent come my thoughts around. Why cant I just keep the demand valve in the lung and just dive with the valve as main supply? I change the gas to suit the correct depth and then it shouldnt be any problem, I will breath and when the lung collaps I will get more gas. What am i missing?

Europe is the hub for these equipment parts and what parts do you really think you need

I have many of this stuff and have seen many people play with this stuff
and many of these old things, have dry cracks, on the ends of the hoses
but are perfectly sound and ready to use do not leak and never will leak

So now you have pulled off the tape and cut up the string for no reason

Did you know I bought my IDA-64 from Sweden!

As jale has warned, and now I am saying, you have some more reading and internet walking to do

Did you know the ida-71 had a part in the ideas for the rEvo

Getting warmer!!!

I`ve read them but I dont like the idea of rebuilding everything, I want to try and keep it as original as possible but yeah, now I`m still changing out things but then im trying to keep to the same era and russian. No electrics more then must add is 2 oxygauges, but I finde it hard to finde a complete set with sensorhouse, penetrator and gauge.

My idea with the rebreather isnt to go further then 40, max 50m and turn... but mainly be around shallow deeps like 10m and sometimes 20m and to be silenced, one with the ocean.

Also the technics are cool, thats the main reason im restoring this IDA-71.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom