ice diving regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a less expensive regulator, Sherwoods work well. I have had my Magnum in water in the 40's with no problem. I am sure the Blizzard and Optimus would do even better.

Diving_is_a_passion:
My vote would be a Scubapro MK17 with a G250 or an S600 second stage. The second stages are the same internally, but the 250 has a larger case. Also, diaphragms tend to perform better than pistons in cold water.

How would you rate a G500 second stage?

40's that is warm water....:wink:

try below freezing -10 +..Surface temp being -15 C with the wind chill factored in Freaking cold...:D

ams511:
For a less expensive regulator, Sherwoods work well. I have had my Magnum in water in the 40's with no problem. I am sure the Blizzard and Optimus would do even better.

scarefaceDM:
try below freezing -10 +..Surface temp being -15 C with the wind chill factored in Freaking cold...:D

No thanks, I leave that to you. :)

This may be somewhat related. I was reading the regulator repair guide for an Optimus last night and Sherwood recommended adjusting the IP pressure down to 120lbs for better resistance to freezing. Is this common for all regulators?

How does liquid water get to -10 in nature? :eek: Even antarctic water is only -2.5ish

scarefaceDM:
40's that is warm water....:wink:

In where? Sreiously, is this a typical Canada diving environment during the off season?

To everyone....

Is there any review or head to head comparison SP MK17 and Apeks 50, 100, or 200 for a cold water? I know both are great reg for a cold water though....

hi i benn ice diving here in canada for the last cople of years with a sherwood maximus and i never and i meen never had a freeflow those thing dont freeze up.....
last year i dove it was -45C with the wind and evrybody regulator whent freeflow except me and 3 of my friend that all had maximus!!!

Back
Top Bottom