iantd advanced nitrox vs. tdi advanced nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...

Amish Diving Society fear of computers

How long before GUE list beards and eccentric hats as part of the equipment requirements

DeepTechScuba once bubbled...
CCR ... what a way to die! I personally stay away from CCRs.

for a properly experienced and trained CCR diver there are many more ways to save your hide than an oc diver..

The majority of dive deaths eventually come down to running out of gas... for this to hapen to a CCR diver, theyd have to be a fool....

At the start of ones CCR experience the units are more dangerous than OC but once you understand what is necessary and don;t skip safety checks, you untilmately have a lower risk factor especially on deep dives...

This is not an ANDI plug but a fact.. out of all the tech agencies out there, ANDI HAS the best safety record.. ANDI has yet to have an insurance claim in its HISTORY... thats over 15 years now... There is no other agency that is close... I would not want to be the first instructor to have a claim....

This covers open water diver ratings, through unlimited depth trimix ccr courses...

That is because we have all been trained the same way, our gear is identical, and we provide predictable responses to issues that might arise. In this way, (blank) divers make a cohesive team. In any (blank) class, you learn that situational awareness and teamwork is paramount.

Now who gets to really make that claim...........

The choices are:

1) Scientology

2) Jehova's Witnesses

3) Moonies

4) Chistian Scientists

5) Latter Day Saints....Holly cow, the LDS initials again...

6) The guys that thought the comet a decade back was a spaceship to take them to heaven

7) DIR

8) U.S. Marines

9) The other military guys

I'm betting on an even split

All in fun, not knocking anyone of course,

Darlene

10) the Amish diving society

I had the phrase already copied, but forgot to paste, lol

Glad you got it up there.

Darlene

Can we get back on topic here? If you guys want to dive solo and flop around on the bottom stirring up the viz whilst breathing 12.3/24.8, nobody is stopping you.

You dive your way, I'll dive mine..

WAy back, before we started talking about why George Irvine's number 1 rule is, Never dive with a stroke (Bring a body bag if you do), we were discussing Advanced Nitrox, TDI or IANTD.

I'm not gonna start up on the DIR Dudes, exept to say I'm glad my good buddy BigJetDriver69 is here to defend rationalism and thinking for yourself...and GEE I wonder why we get annoyed by the DIR crowd.....

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I agree with O-ring as it pertains to TDI's Adv Nitrox course. It would be a waste to do without doing it with the Deco course, which by the way, I believe is how it is generally taught anyways.

They are probably all good courses IF taught by a competent instructor, which is my belief about most courses.

FWIW, my course was taught by a Trimix Instructor.....he is cave certified, but not a cave instructor.

The guy clearly knows his stuff......and the more I learn, the more I realize what he knows.....

Regards

..they are usually taught together, but since the post didn't mention it, I figured it prudent to bring it up and possibly save someone the hassle of having to take it later when he may be able to combine it now and either get it cheaper or get it done quicker (combining checkout dives).

I'm not gonna start up on the DIR Dudes, exept to say I'm glad my good buddy BigJetDriver69 is here to defend rationalism and thinking for yourself...and GEE I wonder why we get annoyed by the DIR crowd.....
That's ok...all in good fun. I am sure the DIR types get annoyed with the POS (preference over standardization) divers too..

I don' know about TDI, and as an aside from the other agencies mentioned in the thread...

If you go with IANTD, then I would strongly reccomend that insted of Advanced Nitrox, you go for Advanced Recreational Trimix with the extended range/deco class. As others have mentioned, taking Advanced Nitrox (or Advanced Recreational Trimix) with a 10 minute max deco (and 50% O2 max? I 'm not sure about this limit without some further research but it sounds likely) is IMHO goofy.

I reccomend the Advanced Recreational Trimix as the if you qualify for Advanced Trimix, then you by default qualify for all the Nitrox mixes, get the same O2 max and Deco limit, and they both cover all the same basic theory/dive planning and have the same pre-requisites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom