I wonder how deep this is and what it contains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahahaha
reminds me of one day out in the woods when i was a kid we founds one like that.
people where saying it was 100' feet deep or more, and all kinds of crazy stuff.
went back there one day and thought i saw something floating a foot or so under the surface. so i got a long stick to poke it....
it was the bottom hahahahahaha
o btw
that was in Maine also

To "it" was today. The water level is now at the top (and the surrounding landscape also has considerable free standing water) and covered with soft ice. A few feet below the soft ice seems (based on using a stick) to be the old layer of ice. I suspect it will be a few more weeks before it is completely thawed.

do it easy:
Wow, you got some real ice holes in Maine! :wink:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
OMG.. Johnny Dangerously!... My sides hurt......make it stop...
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Cheers in tears

Mike

brdr882:
28' now 25' thanks to three feet of muck. Probably a gun down there from some long forgotten crime. Dark, cold, and no visibility. Sounds like fun (no sarcasm). I wish I had one in my backyard.

Just think, you could hit 250 dives in no time.......GEAUX TIGERS............

diver 85:
Just think, you could hit 250 dives in no time.......GEAUX TIGERS............

i know, it would be awesome, im sure after 50 or so dives i might need to drop a car in it or something to keep up the excitement though but who knows what might lay at the bottom:confused:

do it easy:
Wow, you got some real ice holes in Maine! :wink:

So THAT'S where my ex moved? Maine? Who knew?

But I did a beautiful swan dive

Green, I guess I just don't understand why....It's pretty clear that you're not going to find the Maine Karst Plain or anything. It's going to be a vertical shaft with dead things at the bottom. Do you have any inclination that it is something otherwise or that there will be anything interesting in there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom