I wish my lds sold -------

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ANything at a price that is even close to competative. I swear they are close to double the price of Leisure Pro and Scuba Toys. They are so far out of the ball park that it's impossible to justify giving them the biz.

More camera and video gear, but I understand how expensive this stuff is to keep on hand.

Aqualung (regs) and Zeagle (bcds) at the same place, I might be able to get a package discount then.

Al Mialkovsky lap dances

DITTO

Draft beer would be nice.

Seriously, my main LDS for the most part either has it or can get it. They are authorized dealers for (from their web site):

Scubapro, Oceanic, Dacor, Apeks, Sherwood, Genesis, Aqualung (USD), Atomic, Halcyon, Dive Rite, SeaQuest, Contempro, Zeagle, DeepSea, Uwatec, Suunto, Henderson, Bare, Moby, O'Neal, TUSA, Princeton Tec, IkeLite, Pelican, JBL, A.B. Biller, J.W. Fisher, and many other minor brands.

Obviously, they don't stock everything. But if you want it & they don't have it, they will get it. In stock, for major items, they tend to have a lot of Scubapro, Henderson, Genesis, and Oceanic.

Anything that didn't have to be ordered.....

If I'm going to have to wait for an item anyway, why should I drive an hour to their shop then plunk down my $$$ and still have to wait for it to be shipped? PLus when it does come in, I have to drive an hour back again to pick it up?
Where's the benifit to me? Wouldn't it be easier and less time consuming to do the ordering online? I thought so....

Not jacking this thread.... Just wish my LDS had ANYTHING in stock.....lol

I live in the middle of a big city and can buy pretty much anything from a variety of LDS within ten minutes of my house. This includes more obscure stuff like Halcyon and Diverite.

Downsides?

1. I buy too much gear

2. I live in the middle of a big city

3. Nowhere (apart from mud puddles) to dive less than a day's travel

You guys that live in lovely spots where you can enjoy nature, go for evening walks or dive locally - enjoy the drive to the LDS - you can't have everything.......

Back
Top Bottom