I want to buy Atomic reg but are they really noisy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having the same issue with my new Z2, glass shatteringly high pitched squeal on inhalation. It's currently being looked at. Breathes fine but the noise is annoying as hell.

Definitely Atomic Z2. Performane wise, you will probably not notice the differences if they both tune properly. With Atomic, you get longer surface interval, workmanship and built is better overall, much better for 2nd stage. You will pay more for Atomic Z2 but it also has better resale value if you decide to upgrade later

Donna and I dive the B2
mine makes a little noise on exhale near the surface
but honestly it performs so well all the other times I pay it no mind

SouthFlorida, My wife and I both (previously) had Atomics - and they were both noisy. We sent them back to Atomic numerous times and Atomic even replaced one of them. Yet, the noise continued - even in the new replacement. We sold both of them and now have Oceanic EOS's. In my opinion, they breathe even easier than the Atomic, they are far more reliable, and they are quiet.

Atomic dive equipment is like Apple computers..... After people pay double what they should for them, they are afraid to admit (or in denial) that after paying so much for something, they could have gotten something as good or better for much less.

Go with the Oceanic EOS!

Ah, krooorda, so good to see you pop up again! Do you have an Outlook reminder set to update your AA threads or something? You really just felt compelled to "update" a thread not touched since December with the exact same opinion you posted before?

Since we're all repeating ourselves: I'm now up to four M1s (two sealed, two unsealed), the ST1 (still sealed), the B2 (unsealed), and the Z1 (unsealed, no jet seat upgrade). None make any noise underwater. Maybe I'm not all butt-hurt about overpaying for them because the only one I bought new was the ST1 I started diving with? I don't think I've ever paid more than $300-375 for an M1.

I'm sure Oceanics work fine. If you like their cheaper price and acoustics better than AA, that's cool too. But trying to compare Oceanic build quality to AA is just funny...now, if you want to argue that the extra build quality doesn't really translate into better performance, fine. I'll keep suggesting that anyone who wants the best built piston reg they can buy get AA.

I have owned a few different regs including my current rec regs are a B2 and M1. I do not find either produce any more noisy than any other I have had. They have both always been very reliable and easy to get serviced where ever I have traveled. But to be honest I have not found any reg I have dove to be bad just different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom