I think I kicked a little skeleton merperson or something. Do I have scuba ghosts now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacDuyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can’t think of anything else thatwould have made this little skeleton shaped scuff on my fins.

This is obviously the bottom of a rib cage and lumbar spine

3EF3BE72-BE7A-492D-AF86-6B6F2812F9F2.jpeg

Looks a bit like an Alien facehugger to me, you might have dodged a bullet...

Good point!

That’s slightly better than scuba ghosts.

I still might want to start preparing a sacrifice tho, any ideas?

Maybe the real question should be "Why are your fins touching anything underwater hard enough to make that impression?"

Maybe the real question should be "Why are your fins touching anything underwater hard enough to make that impression?"
Perhaps the impression was made on the boat or shoreline while preparing to enter.

Yo man, merpeople are agents of their own destiny. Can’t tell them where to go and where not to. We’re in their domain

In all reality I assume it’s from a coral crawl on a shore dive. My last few were at low tide. Oki has petrified coral for a solid 50-300 m at a depth of 1-6ft off pretty much every shore dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom