I need some BCD repair advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Hipp

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Aeris Atmos Sport BC that bought on sale for $99. I got my gear out to test it in the pool and I noticed that somehow the pressure release valve on the LP inflater has disappeared. I have no clue as to where or how this piece came off. My only guess is that it broke when I was in Cozumel last Nov. and I never noticed until now. Anyway, point of the story is that I called ScubaToys (where I bought it in-store) and was told it would be $54 for a replacement. I have a slight discomfort with the idea of paying half of what I paid for the whole thing on this piece.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to repair it? I wouldn't have a problem putting a PVC cap on it (there is another release valve on it) but I don't know if I can find something with threads that fine.

Here is a picture of it:
P_00064.jpg

Why don't you see if aeris/oceanic make a simple elbow to replace that pull dump at a more reasonable price. The diverite elbow (that almost surely will not fit aeris) was about $10.

Or you could just jury-rig a protective cover over the valve. But that may just be asking for trouble.

I can't quite make out much detail from the pic, but I do think that 54 seems a bit much (at least on a 99 dollar purchase). Awap's right. Maybe youcan replace it with another peice. 10 dollars sounds about just right here in my neck of the woods. But if it still does hold air, then I guess a simple PVC cover would do. Lots of end-caps out there in different sizes that can be modified to fit that. I'm assuming that aside from this dump valve, that there's a second OPv somewhere else on the bcd?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom