The endless SEAC saga is winding down and I need some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your looking for Seac and very very good prices check Piranha Dive.
I got my din first stages from Randy in the area of 110-130 $ each. Seconds were in the range of 60-80 $. This was several years back. Tell Randy I sent you. He also has or can get the rebuild kits for them. I bought 2 sets for each of my pieces before we left for SE Asia.
I have been very happy with the performance of my regs, although is sometimes a challenge to find someone that's willing to service them. Best of luck.

And some folks wonder why I hold onto my old Conshelf XIV rig. It looks like somebody will provide parts and either service it or get it serviced for the rest of my life. I guess you have to just pick what works for you and commit, but if your choice goes sour, know when to cut your losses and move on.
🐸

To reduce frustration in the long run, I would go the route of choosing brands that have greater recognition and support.
As a new diver, this was a key part when I started piecing my gear together.

Unfortunately this entire heartache sounds like it could have been alleviated if the OP spent the extra 50-100$ and bought a brand that could be service locally.

As a new diver, this was a key part when I started piecing my gear together.

Unfortunately this entire heartache sounds like it could have been alleviated if the OP spent the extra 50-100$ and bought a brand that could be service locally.
People keep saying this, but I think you are missing the point.

The shop I took it to IS a SEAC dealer and claimed they could service them. When I took them in they said "No problem. Have them back in 2-3 weeks".

Had they said "No, we can't work on those", or said they were unable to get parts, then I had other options I could have tried. Instead, it was always "They are on order, should be here any time". There is a differwnce between a shop being unable to service a piece of equipment and telling you they can't do it, and one twlling you they can do it, taking 9 months, and breaking your gear in the process.

If your looking for Seac and very very good prices check Piranha Dive.
I got my din first stages from Randy in the area of 110-130 $ each. Seconds were in the range of 60-80 $. This was several years back. Tell Randy I sent you. He also has or can get the rebuild kits for them. I bought 2 sets for each of my pieces before we left for SE Asia.
I have been very happy with the performance of my regs, although is sometimes a challenge to find someone that's willing to service them. Best of luck.
Where are they located? Do you have a website for them?

Where are they located? Do you have a website for them?

You really did ask that, didn't you.

SMH

Something must be wrong with your fingers or keyboard....no worries, we got this for you:

Piranha Dive

-Z

They are outside of Tampa, FL.
Any simple search engine will take you to thier website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom