I need a more streamlined BC!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing I've added to my Halcyon rig is a can light, 2 back-ups, and a Benchmade rescue knife.

If you check on dive right in scuba they have some really good deals on bp/w kits that put halcyon to shame. I would get that instead for the reason listed before that halcyon will also streamline your wallet.

I dive the 32lb Hog wing and I assure you many others can attest to it's quality.

The Cressi Travel Light is a great stream lined travel BC, or the Oceanic BioLite. Both are right around 6 pounds and pack up really small. They are made for travel and are very stream lined. Those would be my pick. I have dove with the Cressi Travel Light and am very pleased. You would be doing well with either one.

newdiver, what was it about your diving experience that made you conclude that your BC is causing you problems?

It is true that jacket BCs, of the sort you bought, are not the most streamlined BCs possible, but if you weight yourself correctly, and avoid having a lot of stuff hanging off the BC, you really shouldn't notice a huge impact. I see nothing intrinsically WRONG with the BC you bought, but certainly if you have the wrong size, or you are diving very much overweighted, I could see it being difficult to manage.

If we knew what your issues were, we could probably give you better advice.

Please note that I am a big BP/W fan, and dive nothing else by choice -- but I also think that many complaints people have about their equipment, especially when they are new, are more technique issues than equipment ones, and although it is fun to spend money on gear (especially really good gear) it's also fun, and useful, to spend money on diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom