I need a more streamlined BC!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dyin-To-Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone. I just got back from a week long trip to Cozumel and realized that my new BC may not be the one for me.

I purchased a Tusa Platina Evolution BCD and have only used it a few times. What I learned, I am still a newbie, in Cozumel is that my BC is not the most streamlined BC. It's a fantastic BC with amazing reviews, but I want to sell this one and purchase a more streamlined BC.

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? I like Oceanic, Aqua Lung, etc. The brand is not a deal beaker at all. I am looking for quality.

Also, I want to SELL my BC and will entertain any offers that come my way.

Thanks for your input :wink:

I want to sell this one and purchase a more streamlined BC.

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

Hard to get more streamlined that this...

Eclipse-harness_detail.jpg

Ant good ol' BP/W rig with a one-piece harness will be about as streamlined as you can get.

I concur with the backplate and wing recommendations--I like my Deep Sea Supply rig; nice and simple. I travel with the steel plate, because I like diving without a weightbelt. It packs flat and weighs about what a typical vest-style BC does. If you want to shed travel weight, they offer a Kydex plate too.

There are other options for streamlining. I am not familiar with your BC, but if it has padding, a cummerbund, integrated weights, and numerous randomly placed D-rings, it can be streamlined by trading it for a simpler, better-designed vest-style BC. Take a look at the ScubaPro Classic Sport, for example. It is free of all of the frills common to most vest-style BCs, and is offered cheaply because it has been discontinued.

Hey everyone. I just got back from a week long trip to Cozumel and realized that my new BC may not be the one for me.

I purchased a Tusa Platina Evolution BCD and have only used it a few times. What I learned, I am still a newbie, in Cozumel is that my BC is not the most streamlined BC. It's a fantastic BC with amazing reviews, but I want to sell this one and purchase a more streamlined BC.

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? I like Oceanic, Aqua Lung, etc. The brand is not a deal beaker at all. I am looking for quality.

Also, I want to SELL my BC and will entertain any offers that come my way.

Thanks for your input :wink:

Halcyon 30 pound lift wing-- as pictured in previous post....so slick you can kick and glide like a snorkeler/freediver. Absolutely PERFECT FIT as the idea is this harness custom fits to each diver.
You can use an aluminum backplate if weight flying is a criteria you care about, or if you want weight so you dont have to wear as much on a belt, the steel backplate is about 6 pounds.

The only trick to getting one and loving it right away, is for you to find a shop that will do the initial "custom fitting" for you--and it should be someone who really knows backplate and wing rigging. This is where you need to dig a little :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom