I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shooting is not the same as wasting.

Wasted? Whatdidyado, just blast it off with no target?

Several of the targets had very little target left, but I still always have this nagging bit of guilt that says if there is no meat in the freezer after I pulled the trigger, the ammo was wasted.

Got a tip that 45acp was in stock at Cabellas. Sure enough, 10 boxes were quickly scarfed up into my shopping cart.

Going out shooting tomorrow mornig. Picked up 5 pumpkins from Walmart and a few cases of fun things that will explode in liquid pleasure and a sack full of stuffed animals from the local Arc store.

The featured artists tomorrow will be 45 and 9mm pistols. A m1 garand and a Mosin Nagant.

The carnage should be epic.

A montage of a little of the 3 hours of shooting on Saturday...

It's for fun. I call it "pumpkin carving and tigger gets it"

A 22 revolver put brady in a chair and almost killed a president... Lincoln did not fair well from a deringer.

Anything can work if you get good hits.

Or use a 50 bmg and take off the bad guys arms then you should be pretty safe but you will have lots of cleaning to do.

You need instruction from oldschoolto. He'll learn you!

(Go back and read the last few pages, you'll see the sarcasm then.:wink: )

Had a great day out shooting.

Notice the Fat Steve targets
IMG_8106_zps2e2327c5.jpg

Mr. Pumpkin, meet Ms. .204 Ruger
IMG_8134_zps411aeb22.jpg

IMG_8138_zps12c5a8ff.jpg

IMG_8142_zps0d6d59d4.jpg

Fat Steve thought a pumpkin helmet would save him.
IMG_8186_zps435d3730.jpg

Not much use against a .44 mag.
IMG_8226_zps7b904139.jpg

IMG_8271_zpse70608bd.jpg

Nice pumpkins. If you fill them with water they will go boom more.

What's by your bed?

image-3410294012.jpg

Attachments

• image-1762686309.jpg
    image-1762686309.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 108
I shot one of these last month, was gonging an 8" plate at 600 yards with no demonstrable skills, whatsoever.

https://tracking-point.com/

I just didn't have the $25,000 for their base model. Besides, it wasn't yet available in .308

And then we had this to play with:

And the old mousegun-fun...

I shot one of these last month, was gonging an 8" plate at 600 yards with no demonstrable skills, whatsoever.

https://tracking-point.com/

I just didn't have the $25,000 for their base model. Besides, it wasn't yet available in .308

And then we had this to play with:

And the old mousegun-fun...

Sweet, but at $25K it won't soon be in my gun safe. :no:

We had a chance to shoot some skeet at my friend's club yesterday, after we did our pistol thing.

Fellows on the range gave us a bit of instruction and assistance, as my friend has never shot any skeet, and I am not a wing shooter at all. One fellow had an odd looking skeet gun that looked like a over and under, but was a single shot specialty firearm that he said cost $14K new. He ran 25 birds to my 10, but he had that specialty skeet gun, and shoots every weekend, while I was using a new to me 870 Remington, with a very short rifle sight barrel, and I have always been a piss poor wing shot, so I was not terribly displeased with my shooting.

..... an odd looking skeet gun that looked like a over and under, but was a single shot specialty firearm that he said cost $14K new.

Skeet is a game with two birds being thrown at the same time at various stations. Methinks you were shooting "trap" which is usually presented as a "single bird".

$14,000 guns with gold inlays do shoot better. It's the gold trigger, actually, less electrical resistance.

The history of those bullpup style weapons as an intermediate between machine pistols and automatic rifles goes back to some experiments during WW1. A short light bullpup style machine pistol was patented by a French arms designer, Henri Delacre, but was never produced.

After WW2 a team in the UK at Enfield worked on a design developed by Stefan Januszewski, an ingenious Polish arms engineer who had taken refuge in Great Britain after the Communists took over in Poland. Januszewski's weapon was produced in some numbers, and is very much like current bullpups, in some respects identical. It was, by all accounts, an extremely effective beautifully functioning weapon using a shortened 7mm casing.

Because the people at the Pentagon were still fixated on full sized rifle rounds, and because the US was financing NATO and everything else, they got their way, compromising only on replacing the .30-06 with the .308, and retaining Garands and M14s as infantry weapons. This lasted until Vietnam, when, finally, the infinitely more handy and effective M16 was adopted.

Januzewski's fantastic little weapon was lost in the political shuffle, but examples still exist, and by all accounts it is one of the best infantry weapons ever created. Small, short, light, powerful round, moderate recoil, extremely dependable and accurate. It has greatly influenced the newer bullpup weapons being developed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom