I just don't know if our toy box is big enough

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you had time to use those ETEC's much? how do you like them?

I hear they are "cleaner" than most 4 cycle engines.

Mike S,
I can tell you that the ETEC's are very nice and quiet. I log 80-100 hours a month on my 150 pushing my 17ft Boston whaler around the Potomac River just south of Washington, DC. I can tell you that the thing hates weeds, and on the Potomac River weeds are thick till you get past 7-10 ft. of water. They must burn 1/2 of what the old 2cycles did in gas, and with the old outboards we filled 1 gal or oil for ever 20gals of gas. Now I burn up about 60 gals before needing to add fuel. The start with one turn of the key, no primer and at night you can sneak right up on boats in a busy harbor and never be noticed. We too just got a big shipment of new boats of all shapes sizes and speeds, river talk even says we have a new helo coming that can pick up two of the boats we got for faster deployment. Thats one ride I know I will not be taking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom