I guess this was inevitable.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
"Drifting" Dan Carlock has sued Ocean Adventures, Captain Ray Artnz, and the Sundiver for $4,000,000 in damages for mental anguish, medical expenses, and punitive damages.

Too bad you can't sue yourself. He still hasn't admitted any fault in the incident.

From the article:

>Carlock's attorney, Scott P. Koepke, said his client hoped the suit would ensure that >no other Southern California divers go through what he suffered.

>"He thought about it a lot and realized he could not live with himself if two or three >years from now somebody floats up dead from the same situation, and he did >nothing about it," Koepke said.

So he's doing this to protect US? How thoughtful. That means if he wins, he'll be donating the 4 mil to diver/boater safety programs, right?

Turtle Diver:
From the article:

>Carlock's attorney, Scott P. Koepke, said his client hoped the suit would ensure that >no other Southern California divers go through what he suffered.

>"He thought about it a lot and realized he could not live with himself if two or three >years from now somebody floats up dead from the same situation, and he did >nothing about it," Koepke said.

So he's doing this to protect US? How thoughtful. That means if he wins, he'll be donating the 4 mil to diver/boater safety programs, right?
If not, at least the higher insurance rates for shops, DMs and boats will add a few dollars to the cost of boat diving. What a thoughtful #@&**!!!

wait a minute. you can get skin cancer from being in the sun for 5 hours? WTF.

i guess i got skin cancer as a teenager roofing house all day long.... might need to go to the doc.

it is bad what happened to him though. i would file some kind of charges just to make sure they never do the same thing again.

GOAT:
wait a minute. you can get skin cancer from being in the sun for 5 hours? WTF.

i guess i got skin cancer as a teenager roofing house all day long.... might need to go to the doc.

it is bad what happened to him though. i would file some kind of charges just to make sure they never do the same thing again.
Extremely unlikely to develop skin cancer in one day, especially when you're in a wetsuit and in heavy fog. I'd love to be on that jury.

dtdiver:
why doesn't he sue his buddy???

I think he is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom