i got robbed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
when we confronted the guy that was in our place (I woke up and he was crawling across our bedroom floor "What are you doing here?") Roger grabed a spear gun (not loaded)...the guy flew over the Lanai wall....I think that scared him enough.

Glad to hear nothing but property loss came of the encounter. The husband of a girl I went to high school with came home from work early one afternoon and startled a burglar in their house. The thief stabbed him to death with a screwdriver, when my friend came home she found blood all over the place and her husband dead on the bed.
Ber :lilbunny:

We have had our garage broken into three times in the last two years. It's usually illegals going after stuff they can take to a pawn shop. They have never stolen any scuba stuff, but I have pretty much given up on owning any tools. I am getting pretty tired of fixing the garage door too. We get a lot of vandalism too. Last weekend a neighbor had all the air stems cut off his tires. Good thing we live in an expensive area with a pretty good police department or it would be even worse. We have luckily never had them break into the house.

I can't imagine what it would be like to walk in on a murder scene like that though.

www.scubamazing.com:
that totally sucks! Sounds like you're taking it well though!

I'm sure most of us have stories we can tell like that. I had a classmate in high school that I sat next to turn up raped and murdered. I've also had friends shot at parties and when working at a convenience store, fortunately they made it. Dallas, where I am, is consistently rated as one of the more dangerous cities in the nation. The world is a ****** place, especially Dallas.

Even a semi-pro thief knows how to handle a dog. A 4' monitor lizard (less tail) is another story. I had one that hated people loose in the house a couple decades ago while I was on a trip. Came home to find the front door on the living room floor, but the storm door closed and wedged. I would have loved to see the guy's face. Xanadu could not be reasoned with, just caught as he went for your throat.

OTOH I did have several guns and about 6000 rounds of ammo stolen several years later. They caught the guy but didn't have enough evidence to take him to trial for hitting my place, but did for several other burglaries. He's doing 20 years without possibility of parole in Parchman, then a couple other minor 3-5 year stretches after that, plus finishing the stretch he was out on parole for when he hit my place before the 20 year stretch even starts. Seems he pissed off the judge too.

FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom