I Got Bored Today So I made a new Back Plate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drunken Parrot,

You might want to consider lowering the upper slots 2 inches or so. It'll allow more up and down adjustability of the tank, because the upper cam band won't be right at the curve at the top of the tank.

Just a thought before you start cutting.

Take care,
Mitch

I was thinking that or adding another set of slots, kinda like hammer head single tank adaptor. Here is a pic of what I am talking about, sorry the pic is crappy I was in a hurry :D Which one do you like better?
IMAG0564.jpg

Drunken Parrot,

That's an even better solution. You do very nice work, my man!

-Mitch

This is what I think I will make. It is the best I could do on paint at home :wink: All edges will have radius and the cam band slots will have .125 Radius. I couldnt make them look good with Microsoft paint.....
STA.png

DP,

Thought you may have gone an additional step and used a radius tool to chase the insides of the slots and outside of the edges.

Unless you put a nice, smooth radius on the top sides of the waist and shoulder slots you will see some fraying caused by the plate pushing down on the webbing caused by the diver standing and walking. The fraying is not so significant that it generates an immediate issue, but it will fray the webbing over time.

the K

I like to have the bottom bolt hole elongated to account for minor differences between band spacing from one set to another. This helps to reduce any risk of damage to the stainless threads and subsequent galling.

I like to have the bottom bolt hole elongated to account for minor differences between band spacing from one set to another. This helps to reduce any risk of damage to the stainless threads and subsequent galling.

Great idea, Will include that in the next program, thanks for the help

Brilliant.

A plate just like most of the other plates
flawed, just like most of the other plates

Good job.

Brilliant.

A plate just like most of the other plates
flawed, just like most of the other plates

Good job.

Thanks "Mate" :mooner:, I wasn't set out to change or update a design, just wanted to make one for myself. That is why I made the dimensions just a little larger to make it more comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom