I Don't Need A Bumper Sticker For Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhbryaniv:
I guess I will just buy my own compressor and O2 fill station and show those pricks. . . .:D

:crafty: Got one.

Oh, and I wonder...my car is shiny and silver just like a new al80...I wonder if I smacked a nitrox bumper sticker on the back if the guy at the shop would fill 'er up with Nitrox. I'd even pay for the sticker too. :mooner:

Maybe he could fill your tires with nitrox. . . I hear nitrogen is good for tires. . . :popcorn:

jhbryaniv:
Maybe he could fill your tires with nitrox. . . I hear nitrogen is good for tires. . . :popcorn:

True, but extra oxygen is not want you want.

I had a similar experience with Ocean Divers in Florida...twice.
First time, I asked for 32%. Guy asked me where my nitrox bumper stickers are. Argument ensues.
2nd time (same trip) I had my tanks on the boat, guy filling tanks said he couldn't fill them with air. Why not? Because "these are nitrox tanks!" Seriously I didn't need nitrox for a 30ft reef dive.

So, what he really said, is that the air they fill with is too dirty to fill nitrox tanks with. Why would I want to breathe that anyway? :wink:
I gave up and used one of their LP80s.

Common sense is greatly lacking. If someone picks up my tank and dies with it because they didn't analyze it that's their own stupid fault.

Just because a tank says NITROX in it doesn't suddenly mean that there's nitrox in the tank. Perahps if I came up with a "METHANE" sticker I wouldn't have to worry about this rash of open water diver who steal people's tanks and dive them to 300ft with nitrox.

SparticleBrane:
I2nd time (same trip) I had my tanks on the boat, guy filling tanks said he couldn't fill them with air. Why not? Because "these are nitrox tanks!" Seriously I didn't need nitrox for a 30ft reef dive.

So, what he really said, is that the air they fill with is too dirty to fill nitrox tanks with. Why would I want to breathe that anyway? :wink:

He is correct. Filling them with air from air whip will contaminate your tanks. OTOH, if they are doing partial pressure fills, they have a clean air whip they can use to fill your tanks.

Walter you missed my point.
Why should I breathe if it it's that "dirty" anyway?

They don't have partial pressure fills to my knowledge, neither does anyone else I get my tanks filled with. I could care less that my tanks routinely get air in them. I have no use for nitrox with most of the shallow diving I do. By shallow I mean <40ft, let's not get into the "nitrox isn't for deep diving" debate, please. :rolleyes:
My tanks aren't going to blow up after getting air, and then a premix fill of 32%, especially if the air is relatively clean and up to basic scuba air standards.

Conch Republic - filled my tanks with Nitrox, and the only marking was the VIP sticker which states "Suitable for O2 Service"

I got the same treatment last year at the quarry fill station. I made the same argument about being O2 cleaned. Waste of time. So, I went over to Vance's site and picked up some Voodoo Gas & This is not your tank stickers. If it still doesn't work, I don't need to buy anything from them anyway. Plenty of other shops that do partial pressure fills!

He claims it prevents noobs from picking up the wrong tank and actually BREATHING NITROX!! :11:

Max depth is like 90 ft.....

If I was questioned ,that I did not have the large sticker on my tank. I would then ask to see his certifict of air quality, very few dive shops have their air tested and it would shut him right up.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom