I do not like yellow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Before I cover most of it with stickers and a cover plate, I would like to completely get rid of all the yellow on my rEvo cover.

Does any of you have any suggestions on the best way to do that? Or any ways to specifically avoid?

I'm thinking to just mask it off with painter's tape and spray paint it. Is that okay? Is there something better?

Before I cover most of it with stickers and a cover plate, I would like to completely get rid of all the yellow on my rEvo cover.

Does any of you have any suggestions on the best way to do that? Or any ways to specifically avoid?

I'm thinking to just mask it off with painter's tape and spray paint it. Is that okay? Is there something better?
It’s probably powder coated. Remove the powder coating and have it powder coated purple.

The absolute best way is to get a rebreather that doesn’t suck. LOL

In seriousness (actually I was serious above also)
A lot of people are rhino lining the cover. Super durable and no more yellow.

So, rhino lining or plastidip. Nobody likes spray paint. Okay. :)

So, rhino lining or plastidip. Nobody likes spray paint. Okay. :)
If you want to use spray paint for the edges, I would recommend stuff designed specifically for vinyl or plastic. It will actually soak into the surface and thus not scratch off easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom