I do not like yellow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One reason I bought a JJ rather than an Inspiration was because lots of the inspirations I had seen had been mod’ed to look like a JJ.

If you prefer blue get an XCCR
I think green is the colour of Liberty.
AP has a black option.
JJs are mostly black, but with some fetching stainless highlights.
The born again Sentinal is red.

So, no need to have a yellow rebreather at all.

Before I cover most of it with stickers and a cover plate, I would like to completely get rid of all the yellow on my rEvo cover.

Does any of you have any suggestions on the best way to do that? Or any ways to specifically avoid?

I'm thinking to just mask it off with painter's tape and spray paint it. Is that okay? Is there something better?

dive enough and it will turn green xD

Yellow is easy to see under water. I have yellow fins for that reason because it makes me easier to see under water.

Remember in the PADI OW book where the question was asked, "what is the most important thing to consider when choosing dive gear" and every student in the class laughed out loud when one of the answers was "the colour".

You have become that person. Function before form.. function before form.. function before form. I want you to write that down on a black board 20 times before you go home today.

R..

You lucked out! Now you can sell that waffle scented POS and buy a real rebreatger, something black, like God intended.....

You might look at getting it vinyl wrapped instead of painted. That way, when you go to sell it to get a real rebreather, you can just peel keep it off and it's back to stock. It will also offer some abrasion protection as well as being simple to change if you don't like it.

R'Compo on Facebook makes some awesome carbon fiber covers. He can print whatever you want in full color graphics. So far they've held up better than Erik's covers posted above and are cheaper.

R'compo

30729175_991299267692807_6216057677320028160_o.jpg 31713321_999473583542042_6209895434337386496_o.jpg

Alternatively, rEvo sells an all black cover now but it's not cheap at all. Rhinolining might be a better option

meandmyrEvo-revo-arctic-paul-raymaekers-19-01-17-1-800x534.jpg

@JohnnyC: The renowned philosopher, Butthead, once said "you have to have stuff that sucks to have stuff that's cool." So, let us appreciate the rEvo for the balance it brings to the Force. The longer I dive it, the more I will appreciate it when I get a black CCR. :D

Na Sayers be damned, I've been diving CCR for twelve years...certed on the Inspo,mk15, JJ, and revo. Revo is my favorite. I rhino lined my cover. Of course you can just dive it a lot, eventually you'll have enough battle scars on it that the yellow will wear off

1fd1206666d0c036da281a5d9444e140--mens-cardigan-sweaters-wool-cardigan.jpg

Here's a sporty solution that doesn't involve paint.

You lucked out! Now you can sell that waffle scented POS and buy a real rebreatger, something black, like God intended.....

You might look at getting it vinyl wrapped instead of painted. That way, when you go to sell it to get a real rebreather, you can just peel keep it off and it's back to stock. It will also offer some abrasion protection as well as being simple to change if you don't like it.
I only have black until they invent a darker color....

I only have black until they invent a darker color....

Black and slightly darker black.....

I'd love to get some of that vantablack stuff in paint form.

@stuartv eventually you'll see the light, but until that time comes, seriously consider the vinyl wrap as opposed to paint or some other sort of coating. Easy to get done, easy to remove, easy to change if you decide you want something else, and no permanent modification to the unit required.

Back
Top Bottom