I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes that is correct it is a whale tooth. The smaller teeth are all different sharks. Most of them look like sand tigers. You have a wide assortment of shark teeth. Great job glad the kids got to enjoy it as well.

Thanks for the speedy reply Fossilbabe! The kids had a blast; in fact my son now wants to get certified so he can hunt teeth with me! That would be cool.

Any idea what that large thing is?

Thanks again,

can anyone identify these? found them today and have no idea, the rounded looking one is flat on bottom, well almost.. its slightly concaved on bottom

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 93
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 93
Awhhhhh These are my favorite fossils........That is from a turtle or tortoises shell its the nuchal. This is the top of the shell where the head comes out from the shell....... The other fossil is a turtle foot pad. Great find thanks for sharing.. It put a big smile on my face to get to see these. Let me know if you have any questions......

Since your a new member as well why dont you join us for the meet and greet ...
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ve...y-september-11th-2nd-annual-meet-greet-2.html

Thanks, I never would have figured these out... As for the meet and greet, I would but I will be far far away for school

I would say it is a crab claw.... Dont believe it is fossil but do know it is crab.... Thanks for sharing that with us...

Venice Beach 9-23-09

Finally got the chance to dive Venice to fossil hunt and we found some cool stuff. Some of the items I can identify but there is a tooth of some sort and shark tooth that I'm not sure of. I appreciate any help that's given.

These are the largest teeth I found
Fossils 8-23-2009 035.JPG
I believe this is a tooth but not sure from what
Fossils 8-23-2009 037.JPG
These are cool; larger then what we found on the beach
Fossils 8-23-2009 039.JPG

Fossils 8-23-2009 041.JPG
Heartbreak! This was exposed with the broken side down...I'm still excited to have my first meg tooth even if it's a partial :D
Fossils 8-23-2009 042.JPG
What type of shark did this come from? It's smooth-no serrations and much thicker
Fossils 8-23-2009 044.JPG
Here's another view
Fossils 8-23-2009 045.JPG

Thanks everyone.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom