I could use some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtyFrank

Registered
Reaction score
I'm making a trip to the South Florida, florida keys areas in march and was wondering if anyone knows of any shore diving opportunities anywhere. Actually anywhere in florida would work because we'll be driving down from Indiana and really have no limitations on where we can go. We're basically just looking to save some money and do the least amount of charter dives as possible. thanks.

DirtyFrank:
I'm making a trip to the South Florida, florida keys areas in march and was wondering if anyone knows of any shore diving opportunities anywhere. Actually anywhere in florida would work because we'll be driving down from Indiana and really have no limitations on where we can go. We're basically just looking to save some money and do the least amount of charter dives as possible. thanks.

Frank - From Boca drive down A1A and turn left. :)

It's not quite that easy as some of the public guarded beaches don't allow diving, but there's a ton of places. For a small sample- see this post.

Also check out the Florida Conch Divers forum. There's always group dives posted there.

Marc

Frank...I moved your post here so that more of the locals could help you with your research.

Can you give us more details on dates/locations you are planning?

Frank, if it's shore diving you're looking for then I don't think anybody will disagree that you should spend it in the Fort Lauderdale area. Lauderdale by the Sea has been called the shore diving capital of the US, and motel rooms on or across the street from the beach are reasonable (anything on El Mar Drive will do). There's a Holiday Inn here with a straight shot to the beach.

Other options: there are also good shore dives in Hollywood and Dania. I don't think there's much north of here, and there's not much south, but you might also consider taking your chances on the weather and scheduling a day to head WEST to Venice to dive for fossilized shark's teeth (you'll get 50 your first try unless conditions are bad).

Not much "shore" in the keys to dive, though... it's mostly mangrove so there isn't much sand. There are little dive sites here and there but the boat trips are so much better almost nobody heads down for the shore diving.

Let us know when you'll be rolling in and watch this forum for group shore dives. You can pretty much find somebody anytime to dive here with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom