NE FL Diving - Always looking for buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dontezuma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm part of the First Coast SCUBA Club, affiliated with Diver's Supply in JAX. I've got a boat and though we have 60+ members, I'm finding it hard to reliably find enough people to dive. I sometimes put in at Mayport and sometimes at Vilano. I'm usually spearfishing, but you don't need to. Just nice to grab dinner while we're down there.

If you live in the NE FL area and are looking to get offshore sometime, DM me. A lot of people poo-poo diving in NE FL. I'd suggest you make up your own mind. If you like being surrounded - and I mean surrounded - by fish, diving up here is amazing. Viz is anywhere from 20 - 50 feet on the average days, usually closer to the 40' range. It's not crystal clear Bahama water, but it's plenty diveable. This area has more artificial dives sites than I'll ever be able to hit, and a big ledge system that ranges from a foot to ten feet of relief.

Anyway, hit me up, as I'm always looking to go and need dive buddies. Just bring your gear, some gas money, and whatever you want to eat or drink, and off we go.

For a great charter experience, I highly recommend Nautical Divers in Jacksonville Beach. Will and his crew run a first-class operation. They're the only charter working North Florida these days, but they're great.

Do you ever go to the USS Oriskani? If yes, I may take you up on that sometime next year.

That's out near Pensacola. We organized a chartered trip last year, but I didn't go.

I'm part of the First Coast SCUBA Club, affiliated with Diver's Supply in JAX. I've got a boat and though we have 60+ members, I'm finding it hard to reliably find enough people to dive. I sometimes put in at Mayport and sometimes at Vilano. I'm usually spearfishing, but you don't need to. Just nice to grab dinner while we're down there.

If you live in the NE FL area and are looking to get offshore sometime, DM me. A lot of people poo-poo diving in NE FL. I'd suggest you make up your own mind. If you like being surrounded - and I mean surrounded - by fish, diving up here is amazing. Viz is anywhere from 20 - 50 feet on the average days, usually closer to the 40' range. It's not crystal clear Bahama water, but it's plenty diveable. This area has more artificial dives sites than I'll ever be able to hit, and a big ledge system that ranges from a foot to ten feet of relief.

Anyway, hit me up, as I'm always looking to go and need dive buddies. Just bring your gear, some gas money, and whatever you want to eat or drink, and off we go.

For a great charter experience, I highly recommend Nautical Divers in Jacksonville Beach. Will and his crew run a first-class operation. They're the only charter working North Florida these days, but they're great.
I tried to DM you. Not sure if it went through or not. I Live in Yulee and both my wife and I dive and we would be interested in doing some offshore diving in Jax. I have also been wanting to give spearfishing a go. Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom