Hydrooptix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4 or 5 skirts? I thought it was just 2. I just jumped on 1 from ebay for a great deal. I'm Mr. gotta have everything scuba, so I just couldn't wait any longer. I have 20/20 vision, so I'm even going to have to do the contact thing. A little freaked out by that, but a nice little 15 foot depth shore dive in South Florida should be the perfect testing place without feeling overwhelmed. I'll post a review when I get a chance to dive it.

Odd. They used to have at least three... thus the "S1, S3" appellations for the current skirts. I tried on several last time they were at the Scuba Show, a few years ago, before settling on the S3 for fit.

I agree, if they only have 2 skirts now they need one or two more. A niche product should really do their best to accommodate as many interested people as possible, if they want to increase their sales.

I have no idea what all those funny little numbers mean about nearsightedness. I am "somewhat" nearsighted...will I be able to use one? I really want one.

I have a dollar bill taped to my fridge....from 8 feet away, I can see the large 1, but the smaller 1's in the lower corners are abit blurry, and I can no longer discern the little space between George's eyebrows(giving the impression of the most unfortunate feature, the unibrow). Is that nearsighted enough?

p.s. dont bother asking about the dollar bill, it's not really all that funny

I have no idea what all those funny little numbers mean about nearsightedness. I am "somewhat" nearsighted...will I be able to use one? I really want one.

I have a dollar bill taped to my fridge....from 8 feet away, I can see the large 1, but the smaller 1's in the lower corners are abit blurry, and I can no longer discern the little space between George's eyebrows(giving the impression of the most unfortunate feature, the unibrow). Is that nearsighted enough?

Your near sightedness isn't so bad. For me, at 8' the bill would have been a fuzzy rectangle that I recognized as a dollar only through association by familiarity.

Where do you live?

Call your eye doctor, he/she will tell you what your Rx is(nearsighted, farsighted, or astigmatism) what the amount is........

I don't have a prescription, never have

Greetings all,

I have had four dives with the HydroOptix mask and I have enjoyed each dive. The first two were in a quarry. I was amazed by the amount of vision area. The second two were in the ocean.

I had some linking problems at first but if the skirt is tucked under my hood correctly I get very little. When I equalize the mask I get some water into the nose area.

These images were taken in the Quarry during the first dive.

Christopher

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom