Hydro Atlantic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:letsparty:

How about a blue haired troll wearing striped Speedos?

trolls-doll-striped-swimming-trunks.jpg

Letterboy?

:idk:

That's not a warning. I just thought you'd appreciate that pic, somewhat combining your recent pics and avatar together. :)
I know sweetie, I was just playing...hoping to put smiles on lots of faces...I love the pics and the playful banter we've had in this thread today. :kiss2:

Can you expand on why you feel this is a bad idea?

Well, it seems that deploying a long hose in an out of air situation is a **** ton faster than ****ing with a clip.

Step 1, grab regulator in mouth.
Step 2, duck head shove regulator to buddy
Step 3, stuff backup reg into own mouth

Step 1, go OH WTF!!!
Step 2, fumble while looking at clip
Step 3, watch buddy die
Step 4, profit

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it seems that deploying a long hose in an out of air situation is a **** ton faster than fvcking with a clip.

Step 1, grab regulator in mouth.
Step 2, duck head shove regulator to buddy
Step 3, stuff backup reg into own mouth

Step 1, go OH WTF!!!
Step 2, fumble while looking at clip
Step 3, watch buddy die
Step 4, profit

Just a thought.

Typically, we would deploy the long hose, get the OOA diver squared away, then once they're settled, hand off a bottle. That way the OOA problem is addressed immediately in the easiest fashion and by handing off the bottle, they are back in control to effect their own return to surface.

Typically, we would deploy the long hose, get the OOA diver squared away, then once they're settled, hand off a bottle. That way the OOA problem is addressed immediately in the easiest fashion and by handing off the bottle, they are back in control to effect their own return to surface.

The video suggests it is faster and easier to deploy a spare air than donate an octo.

Anything else needed to be answered? Troll thread no, unless you think telling people that buying some crap cause a guy claims it is amazing is trolling, in which case, yes, troll thread.

Dive plan math > ass hat in a video.

That was doing un-planned valve drills at ~100'. I seem to recall this:

Tas and Worm diving in the sea
Lesley works us like little worker bees
Floating patiently, silently, stalking us.
HISSSSSS BUBBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE WHAT THE F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure some others will know what I mean.....

Oh the horror !!!

BTW, that was not a valve drill, that was a post failure and you did it splendidly :D

It got SUPER interesting when you shut the post down and isolated, thumbed the dive and we were heading for the line and she gave me the "your OOA signal" :shocked2: Now, where's that pesky spare air ?? :rofl3: :rofl3:

The one at 30 feet IN THE DARK on the otherhand, had me cussing my desire to continue my tech diving training (and thinking about taking that dang air hose thingy away from Lesley and dropping it over the side of a boat in 3000 fsw) :rofl3: :rofl3:

The video suggests it is faster and easier to deploy a spare air than donate an octo.

You have to lift the velcro, remove the spare air which will deploy the mouthpiece cover and start breathing. They also recommend that you have the leash attached to it so you don't accidentally drop it.

If you have the leash on it, it may be difficult to hand off to an OOA diver. If you don't use the leash, there is a danger of dropping it.

Regardless of what method of handling an OOA emergency you choose to use, the most important part is practicing for it and understanding whatever limitations your method of choice places on you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom