Hydro Atlantic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wormil

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys!

So, I've been hearing tons and tons about this wreck in Ft Lauderdale called the Hydro Atlantic. I've done my research and found the deck to be in ~150' of water. After some careful planning, I think I'm ready to do the dive.

However, I recently came across this video about spare air. I've done some math and I really think this might be an acceptable redundancy system for my deeper dives.

Thoughts?

You should probably take at least a 19cf pony.

Hi guys!

So, I've been hearing tons and tons about this wreck in Ft Lauderdale called the Hydro Atlantic. I've done my research and found the deck to be in ~150' of water. After some careful planning, I think I'm ready to do the dive.

However, I recently came across this video about spare air. I've done some math and I really think this might be an acceptable redundancy system for my deeper dives.

Thoughts?

A most excellent idea to get you up to 100'...:)

Thoughts?

You should buy two of them and put them on a manifold as a set of doubles.... for extra redundancy.... :eyebrow:

I see that video is from Scuba.com. make sure you buy some Scuba Goop to mark them with. :thumb:

Hi guys!

Thoughts?

My thoughts are for about the same price you can own a AL40 and regulator. That has soooooooo many more options for you!!! :D

Somehow I feel like a discussion on deep air is not appropriate for the basic scuba section. Also, most people feel it's prudent to get training before trying new things in scuba, especially when they take you out of recreational limits (rather than just winging it).

I've done some math and I really think this might be an acceptable redundancy system for my deeper dives.

Thoughts?

Only if you take a breath at the bottom, and hold it as you swim as fast as you can to the surface:eyebrow:

Wow, guys, is this suitable for the Basic forum? There are newbies that will swallow all this BS you're sprouting.

THIS IS A JOKE;
DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF!

Wow, guys, is this suitable for the Basic forum? There are newbies that will swallow all this BS you're sprouting.

THIS IS A JOKE;
DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF!

I think all of Wormils posts should come with a disclaimer

Back
Top Bottom