Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about your knife the tires and as the car sinks underwater the battery will short out and die generally. Another option, do you have a firearm with your cop job???? :wink:

I'm on the St. Johns River here, and we've gotten about 3" of rain so far, a few strong bands have blown through up to about 55kts. Being where I am, it's in the tornado prone area, so we'll have to wait and see. Got a couple-hundred pounds of ice and plenty of food, and a free-flowing well, so aside from the loss of power, it's ok.

I'll keep checking in

Winds have calmed down so much it seems like a gentle breeze compared to last night. No major damage to the house, and we never lost power.

Winds still dying down here, the occasional squall, but nothing bad. Will give it an hour or so before i go out and start collecting branches and leaves.

Any ideas on the best way to get down snapped (but not broken off) branches (quite small - but dangling over sidewalk/driveway) off the trees??? They are about 20-30ft up, dont have a chainsaw or ladder - yet.

Well.. you could get neighborhood kids to do it. Throw rocks at them. Set up a trampoline and bounce for them. Set the tree on fire. The choices are plentiful. :)

lots of rain in Jax, and a few possible tornadoes (only one confirmed). lots of people
without power, but we still have lights here. looks like the worst of the rainbands
have gone over us by now, so, with any luck, we'll keep the power this time.

sadly, a 15-year-old boy was killed one county over when
a tree fell on him and a friend (also 15). the friend was
hospitalized, but is not in danger.

I just saw two explosions behind the ER at NFRMC's Office Complex. I think they just lost two major transformers. I am at work while the wife and kid are at GMA's. My parents are out of power as is Grandma's. We lost power here at work, but back now. The last of the lower ege of squalls is passing overus now. It should be clear of here by midnight or a little after. A LOT of hard driving wind and rain here. The retention ponds are flooded and many roads are under water from what I've been told. Maneater severely sprained her ankle on Thursday so she's dealing with the kid as best she can without me. I'm not staying at work for another one of these. I've been here through all of them fueling and/or signing out generators. I'll be staying wife the family after this.
As for reel drills... does it count if using 5/8" kernmantle and an SRT harness?

simbrooks:
Any ideas on the best way to get down snapped (but not broken off) branches (quite small - but dangling over sidewalk/driveway) off the trees??? They are about 20-30ft up, dont have a chainsaw or ladder - yet.

I just wait a couple of weeks until the next hurricane comes through. :D

Marc

Should be another one along soon. Looking at recent history... Jeanne will probably kick back out into the Atlantic, restrengthen and hit Florida near Jacksonville again.
Did anybody see the are where the three canes all crossed. Bartow! What did YOU guys do to piss off mother nature?
Wait! It's a sign! That's where Jimmy Hoffa must be! X marks the spot, right?

FLL Diver:
I just wait a couple of weeks until the next hurricane comes through. :D

Okay, you're tied with Texas, which had 4 'canes in 1886. You gona' go for a new record? :arrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom