Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We never lost power. The sun is actually trying to shine. Got a couple a good blasts of wind during the night that woke me up, but my quick survey of the surrounding area looks good. Roof leaking in all the same places as before, but not worse.

Chuck, I saw you yelling at me. I CAN YELL BACK!!!

Sun will come up here soon too, i promise you things are fine here - nothing like the last two, just a spot of rain and a little breeze. They keep showing these orange and yellow bands rolling through, but they have been coming since 3am when i finally fell asleep - nothing new, nothing different. I'd stop your complaining and get outside, have some fun :wink:

I still havent checked exactly where that tree is on my roof, maybe later, but it does seem to generally be calming down. Surprised we still have power as we have had flickers every few minutes (but thats just the area here). As for my state of mind, unfavourably sober and bored out of my skull!!!! I can only watch the swirling mass and dvd's on the screen for so long - just let it stop so i can get out and do something, go and chat with my neighbours - get some interaction around here.

Well, Chuck called and has been out of power now for an hour. Said its pretty bad there.
Sun is shining, and we might head to the beach to gawk.

Any diving options sometime soon, not only getting dry, but tired of cyber diving and just hanging out in the house. Might pull a hurricane sicky tomorrow if there are options, although i would clean up a little before leaving - few trees limbs, millions of leaves, the usual kind of stuff, but no tree trunks yet. Again i am shocked we still have power seeing as we lost ours during the last two within hours of the storm being around here - glad of the little things! :wink:

This storm is about as boring as can be! I've been entertaining myself by circling lines of ants with a ring of water to see how they react to the adverse situation. If I had a kite, I'd be outside seeing how it stays in one peice. I'm actually considering cavern/cave certification just to have some place to dive during hurricanes! I even considered no beer during football season.. fortunately that was a fleeting thought.

CBulla:
I'm actually considering cavern/cave certification just to have some place to dive during hurricanes! .

are you serious? we can't dive either, the rivers are all flooded the springs are siphoning, its a mess and we can't dive either.

I just looked out my front window and my car is sitting in river now. the whole parking lot his a foot underwater. I may run a reel, do my primary tie off on the front door and the secondary on the stairs and venture out to the parking lot to clear the drain.

and if that person doesn't turn their dumb car alarm off they will have to worry about more than a huricane. who is going to steal a car in this crap.

KBeck:
Yup, the ladies are ALL here.....the red wine is flowing......who wants to join??

OK, so NOW I read this. Are you still there? :D

Marc

They still seem to be getting hit west of us, just keep thinking happy thoughts of this going away soon - and it will die in only a few hours. I spoke with Chuck again and life is breezy up there, still no power, dogs not wanting to go out, but he has his cigarettes.

I hope Fred and those other around Zephyr etc are fairing ok as the "eye" passes over them.

Still bored here......

Wendy:
are you serious? we can't dive either, the rivers are all flooded the springs are siphoning, its a mess and we can't dive either.

I just looked out my front window and my car is sitting in river now. the whole parking lot his a foot underwater. I may run a reel, do my primary tie off on the front door and the secondary on the stairs and venture out to the parking lot to clear the drain.

and if that person doesn't turn their dumb car alarm off they will have to worry about more than a huricane. who is going to steal a car in this crap.

Its never been totally written off.. I've got a ways to go with skills before I hit the point I want to do it though. It'll happen with skills growth and natural curiosity. :)

I'd have gone out and killed the persons battery by now.. I've got a low tolerance for idiots.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom