How would you handle this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is he gonna sue you for? Insulting him by calling him a douche and saying so to a camera?

Might not be so happy for me ... the kid's dad called me tonight and made threats about a lawsuit.

Oh well ... this IS America ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would politely remind him that frivolous lawsuits are easy to get dismissed at a relatively low cost, and that the meritorious claim for malicious prosecution that would follow dismissal would be a lot more expensive for him.

I am not licensed in Washington, but perhaps there is someone here or on NWDC who is and would be willing to put in a few pro bono hours at the pre litigation/letter writing stage?

Conveniently enough, there's a statute saying you need not wait to get the dismissal and then bring a separate action, but can assert malicious prosecution in your answer/counterclaim.

Washington Revised Code 4.24.350(1):
In any action for damages, whether based on tort or contract or otherwise, a claim or counterclaim for damages may be litigated in the principal action for malicious prosecution on the ground that the action was instituted with knowledge that the same was false, and unfounded, malicious and without probable cause in the filing of such action, or that the same was filed as a part of a conspiracy to misuse judicial process by filing an action known to be false and unfounded.

Hmmm interesting. The mighty hunter needs his daddy to protect him.

Look, something I've been wondering about since reading Bob's first post about this, who trained the guy to hunt and in particular the octo? Anyone know?

I am very grateful to NW for bringing thisto the public's attention.

This punk is a spoiled brat who needed to be "outed". Judging from this kids photos (before he made them private) he enjoyed torturing animals. He had a photo of a firecracker shoved in a captive snakes mouth?? You wanna bet he blew that snakes head up? What a PUNK!! Anyone who gets off killing that way needs a set down.

I spent my first 25 years as an avid spearfisher. I crewed on sailboats and my job was food provider. I did it well. BUT, I NEVER killed anything that wasn't eaten and I NEVER derived pleasure from the kill itself (though I loved the stalking). For this punk to have killed a brooding female proves that this was just a kill, not part of any sport. No one knowingly kills that which is providing for the future. His snark in bragging about the fact that the eggs were now unprotected was proof enough what kind of jerk he was.

He is like a kid who so desires any kind of attention he will even walk into a business/school with a gun to get it. He WILL be back at that site as he warned, just to get the attention. He will be thrilled if he can legally drag another one up right under your noses, just as a way to flip you off. Get that place PROTECTED from jerks like that....soon!!

I just hope his parents are really proud of their sociopathic kid who poses with his alcohol games (the only photo he left up to show what a charmer he is). A real poster child for the pro choice movement, IMHO.

Like I said before. Right out of Deliverance. All that's missing is the banjo.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
WAAAAA....I want my daddy!!!

CandyCrier.gif

lolcat-stupid.jpg

Zen, I read that link. I have to say I am in agreement with much of it and don't see it as a witch hunt. I see it as calling a punk out. That kid has issues and it seems the parents are equally in denial.

As a person who has been diving...probably longer than you have been alive, I have seen what kids like this have done to quite a few popular diving sites. Sadly, in the late 60's, I was doing stupid things before anyone thought it was bad. People MUST learn, even if it hurts.

If you are a dive shop in Fl, good to know.......

If we don't police ourselves, who will?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, I have been concerned that this thing has been off the rails from the get go. His picture was posted, the thing has gone viral, the news is interviewing. . .etc., ad nauseum. Again, I ask, where does one go to get trained to hunt octo?

If we don't police ourselves, who will?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You are not talking about policing ourselves, you are talking about policing others. There is a difference. As a group we can come up with rules and agree to follow them. Thats policing ourselves. What you are doing is coming up with your own rules and trying to enforce them on others.

@ChillyinCanada
I dont know, but as a trained hunter I can say this much - You dont need to be trained in hunting octo to know you never kill off the mother and leave the offspring - both because its not as humane hunting as you can achieve and because youre killing off later years harvest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom