How to verify if someone is PADI instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Much of the classes success is up to the instructor, but that is also where the agency behind them needs to set stricter guidelines for their instructors. "

All of the class success is up to the instructor, you can get bad instructor from any agency. Padi just has the numbers so you are likely to encounter more PADI Instructors.

I was unable to obtain his number but I did hear back from my LDS.

He couldn't find his name listed anywhere but said having the number would tell for sure.

It might be interesting to find out if he is even a PADI diver. If you know his name (and usually middle initial) as well as his birthdate, you could have your LDS look up to see if he even has a PADI open water certification.

Non-Professional level certifications only need a person's name and birthdate. It would be pretty difficult to believe he could be a PADI pro without being a Rescue Diver first (not impossible, but very unlikely).

If he/she wears his tank backwards and his mask backwards and has lot's of scuba patches on his jacket, yep, PadI instructor. Usually I give them a pool flotation test, if they sink like a rock, yep, PadI.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom