How to explain new purchases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver:
:lol: It appears that it is time to buy off the son, just like my dad use to do with me after he would purchase a new gun. Just remember that once he gets older it is going to cost you more.

He's 20. How much more can he cost me?

Well, just wait for that first combination speeding/dui ticket and then the subsequent increase in insurance premiums.

the K

AZ Desert Diver:
BTW, the "safety concerns" reason is running on its last leg. :D

That is a shame, cause safety concerns has done great for me, you just have to get creative...
"Sure I need the bigger camera and housing... it's better for fending off sharks and people trying to cut my air hose"

The Kraken:
Well, just wait for that first combination speeding/dui ticket and then the subsequent increase in insurance premiums.

the K

That's when it will cost me less & him more.

I'm going to take this in a different direction. You use your money to take care of the family first, then buy toys. Make sure your spouse and kids have everything they need plus a few things they want. Make sure the house and car are in good repair. Get the credit cards paid off. At this point, you are master of your domain. This is when you can buy toys without spouse approval. Another piece of advice you don't want: Don't borrow money to finance a hobby. That also means don't charge it unless you pay the card off when the bill comes.

Sorry for the buzzkill, that that's just the facts of life.

If all these other ideas to justify your gear purchases dont work, you can always:

PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN... and BEG!!!

Good luck.

Carl the Cat

Ok, to be honest. I wear the pants in this household. If I want new gear, I go buy it and she better not say or word. After all It's my castle & I'm the king.

And If I want her to know any of this I'll tell her myself.:wink:

Its hard for my wife who has 20 pairs of "cute black shoes" which I think look the same to say too much about my dive purchases.

As it is, I encourage her to buy the shoes or other stuff that she wants as a way to avoid lectures about my own toys.

BSea:
He's 20. How much more can he cost me?
All you have... +10%.
Rick :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom