How should fins fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hijax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,

Just got my new fins and tried them on with my booties but I get the feeling their not fitting. When I spoke to someone at a store, they told me that the heel of my boot should stick out about 2 fingers width. With my new fins I ordered online, the boot sticks out much farther. Could someone look at the pics below and tell me if you think they're not a good fit? Fin's are Tusa Imprex XL for my size 13 booties (Tusa Imprex 3MM Dive Slipper):

WP_000565.jpg

WP_000566.jpg

WP_000567.jpg

My big toe is where my thumb is in this pic:

WP_000569.jpg

Looks perfect, as long as it is comfy.

I'm no gear guru ... but I DO own and dive the exact same fins ... my first and only set, as a matter of fact, and I love them.

Your feet are US13? I can't imagine how these fins would be a good size for you ... my feet are US10, and I feel that MY Tusa Imprex fins in size XL are just fine ...

Looking at your pics ... nah, my heels don't stick out as much.

IMHO your fins are too small. Tusa especially makes smaller gear ... perfect for the Asian market ...

Same as shoes. Comfy!!

Looks fine to me! If you would put your feet in any further, the topside of the fin would bruise the top of your feet. It's normal that your heel sticks out :)
Maybe it just takes some time to get used to the feeling :) as long as you're comfy

Looks OK ... I've always found that if the back of the fin pocket is level with your ankle bone when you're standing up then it's the right fit ... but comfort is always the best rule of thumb. Try them in the water a few times and you'll have your answer.

That's what my size 10 boots look like in my L size Tusa fins. I think I need to move up to XL. If you decide to sell them PM me.

How then does he return them, prior to research, like he did a mask
and continue along with his merry experiment, at anothers expense.

How then does he return them, prior to research, like he did a mask
and continue along with his merry experiment, at anothers expense.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

Im going to have to disagree with the fit, there are to small for your foot. Looks like you need one size larger. Unfortunately Tusa does not make a XXL in that model...
You may need to switch to another brand... Scubapro, atomic and mares make xxl. Typically L is up to a 10 and XL is up to a 12.

Back
Top Bottom