How much time did it take for your DM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the matter of comparing NAUI vs PADI, NAUI is much more a combined PADI DM and PADI assistant instructor program. So PADI DM intern really does not have to prepare for any lessons. As I understand it, NAUI DM encompasses the AI program, right?
That is correct. NAUI DM is a strict superset of NAUI AI, i.e. it includes everything from NAUI AI and adds leading certified divers on top of that.

I am pretty close to finishing mine, been going at it since February two nights a week in the class for two hours and then the pool for two hours. Then evey second weekend mostly full days.

Not sure how you could do this in 7 days? Does not seem right to me.

DM should stand for "Done Marriage" as that is what my wife keeps saying for taking this course :)

Just turned in my mapping project, so I am technically all done. I am not sure if I want to get the C card yet, as it would mean I'll have to get insurance. But all together, it took about 5 months, and about 50 hours of time in either the pool or open water environment. I think I have at least twice the required numbers of dives either in the pool or OW - so it seems doable in 1 week if one had the care to do it.

I seem to be the odd one here....I think it will take me no longer than a month.....I started my classwork lectures and the like at the beginning of the month....I have done all my poolwork skills this past weekend.....only one skill took me a really long time to complete.

I leave for Bonaire on the 21st, there I will do all of my leadership dives......so by the 28th I will have completed DM......

So me.....25 days

As of tonight...6/9/08 I passed the written exam.....

So it will really take on at most 21 days

Last edited:
My DM/AI took about 2 years of apprenticeship. I was starting from basically zero experience so this was not inappropriate in my case. It took some time to get my teaching and watermenship skills up to standard.

I was told I am going to have to get a physical exam. Darn, I had put it off long enough. Just hate to hear what the doctor has to say. "Bend over the spread them cheeks..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom