how many tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two AL80s (one for Nitrox exclusively) and one AL63.

11 steel tanks

2 small for hubbys MEG (2 x 3ltr)
1 stumpy tank for almitychild (1 x 100cft), and
i have 8 tanks (8 x 100cft-all nitrox)

hubby says no more tanks..... but theres always room for one more!!!!!! :wink:

3 AL80N. All nitrox of course. Yeah! Naturally its nitrox!

I currently have 4 steel 95s (usually set up as 2 sets of doubles - sometimes one pair has h-valves), a steel 72, a steel 65, 3 Al 80s rigged as stages, 2 Al 40 and an Al 30 - an even dozen, all O2 clean. I sold my double 85s about 6 months ago and only occassionally regret it. In the last three years I also owned HP steel 100s, HP steel 80s, MP steel 72s and a set of AL 80s - all doubled. I sold all of those and settled on the LP95s which seem to be just about perfect for me in terms of weight to volumn and height. I would suggest starting with one pair of whatever tank you choose - and suggest that if you are considering AL 80s, you skip them and get LP 85s instead. They are a little more expensive, but their bouyancy characteristics are much better than AL tanks.

Admitted tank junky,

Jackie

JGBrown:
Me!
Cause I get off work at 6am, sleep till 2, have a dive and go back to work for another 12:)

You do it out of necessity and one is certainly better than none. I said who wants to do just one dive. Diving is like Lays potato chips. Can't do just one! :D

Actually one dive fit nicely into the evening after a day at work. But 2 would be nice. :)

spectrum:
How many of you cylinder junkies (I'm getting there) got PSI certified to do your own VIPs?

Pete

4 PST E7-80s
2 PST HP-100s
I have around 30 from steel 100 to 6 cf and anything you can think of in between, such as doubles, 72 cf, 38 cf, etc.
I got PSI certified or I could not afford to keep my cylinders inspected. I know I don't need that many, but I can't resist picking up deals at yard sales, etc.

5 - HP 100's
3 - HP 119's
2 - HP 80's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom