how many tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between my wife and I, 8 steel and 2 Aluminum Plus 2 6cf argon bottles.

there are used tanks out there (esp. aluminum); you just have to be persistent. Steel tanks (IMHO) tend to hold their value better than aluminum ones. I've sold 4 tanks for at or above what I paid for them. On the other hand, this limits how much of a deal you can get on used steel.

I only have 8 cylinders,,,mix of al. and st.. Actually could do with 2 more st..

Lessthanlethal:
I am very new to diving (3 total dives) How many tanks you have? do you rent? own?if so how many? I bought one (used) but it seems to be a pain for one dive i have to run to dive shop to fill every dive trip..
I was wondering how many people have?
:confused:

Two matching tanks per diver is nice. Four is even nicer, if you have storage space for them all.

In total, I have 8 steel and 7 aluminum.

I have 2-Al 80's set up as a set of doubles,
5-Al 80's set up as stage and singles,
1 Al 30 for O2,
1 Al 13 for argon,
1-Al High Pressure 4550 psi 130 cu ft fiberglass wrapped for Nitrox and
1-Al High Pressure 4550 psi 90 cu ft fiberglass wrapped for Nitrox I mix nitrox and trimix as required.
Have gas powered compressor, a continous blending stick, and a PP blending setup for remote field operation where we dive for a week at a time. Usually have at least 5 tanks a week to fill in season for friends when they catch us home during the week! LoL

2 - ST100s manifolded
2 - AL80 stage
1 - AL40 O2
1 - AL30 stage
1 - ST14 Argon
1 - AL13 don't ask

Lessthanlethal:
I am very new to diving (3 total dives) How many tanks you have? do you rent? own?if so how many? I bought one (used) but it seems to be a pain for one dive i have to run to dive shop to fill every dive trip..
I was wondering how many people have?
:confused:

I own 2 tanks, my wife has two and my daughter has two.

Lessthanlethal:
Wow dont even know that half that is....

For what it's worth, I'd rent for a while until you figure out what kind of diving you are going to do, where you're going to be doing it, and how often you will dive. It doesn't pay to own tanks for occasional dives. The annual VIP, 5-yr hydro, etc. plus the initial investment requires that you dive a fair amount.

Five - two steel HP100s, two aluminum 80s and one 30 cf pony bottle.

I'd say you need two tanks and that should do you for awhile. One is a pain because you have to get a fill in the middle of a 2-dive day (who wants to do a 1-dive day?). With two you can have a nice, leasurely two-dive day and then have them filled later for your next dives. If you're diving the whole day, you only need to have them filled once and you can get in 4 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom