How many sets of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eight at last count, with four more pair on the way. You can never have too many.

Own two pairs. One for wet, one for dry. Almost bought another pair of the wet suit fins since Oceanic doesn't make them anymore. Figure that these should last me for some time to come.
Couple divers I know have a mask and a fin collection. One of those "I thought I liked it till I used it several times." Sadly enough most of them are split fins that they didn't like

JackSpearo:
I have a pair of Mares volo power open heels, but I'm really really really wanting to buy some Atomic splits...

is it dumb to have two pair of fins?

thanks

Jack

I have two pair of ScubaPro splits. One yellow for warm water/low current (wetsuit) and a black pair for moderate current and cold water (drysuit).

The black splits are negatively buoyant and stiffer than the yellow.

The yellow splits are softer, but float.

Terry

covediver:
Eight at last count, with four more pair on the way. You can never have too many.
Imelda ??? :D

I own four pairs ... Turtles for use with my drysuit (cold water), Jets for the wetsuit (warm water), full-foot cheapo plastic fins for the pool, and an old pair of Force Fins that I found and use as "props" during classes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow. I only have one pair of fins but after reading all these posts I'm starting to feel unworthy. :god:

NWGratefulDiver:
Imelda ??? :D

I own four pairs ... Turtles for use with my drysuit (cold water), Jets for the wetsuit (warm water), full-foot cheapo plastic fins for the pool, and an old pair of Force Fins that I found and use as "props" during classes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Imelada was an amateur.

wet, dry, monofin, freediving, snorkeling/pool, surf rescue (doubles as snorkeling/body surf/boogie board). A waterman need the right equipment. Favorite are still my old scuba pro.

I have 4 pair as well...

My first pair that I bought when I got certified...hated them!!!
My beloved Volo's
and 2 new pair of Jets, one pair for Wet and one for Dry!

I LOVE this sport! There is ALWAYS a way to rationalize more gear/new gear. My other sports, I always have to plan ahead to sell my wife on why I need something new, and not seemingly much different than what I already have. I need a new bike saddle, and since I'm a roadie a la Lance, I gotta have something comfortable for my "happy place" to sit on, so bang!, $100!

Diving is great because she's as much a dive junkie as I am. Every upcoming trip means more "gotta have" stuff showing up at our door. I love it! New goodies to play with!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom