How many sets of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pair of Mares volo power open heels, but I'm really really really wanting to buy some Atomic splits...

is it dumb to have two pair of fins?

thanks

Jack

Not dumb at all. Use whatever gear is appropriate and feels comfortable to you. Many addicted divers keep 2-3 pairs of fins.

Look at this way, if you wind up not using the Volo's, you can always eBay them or give them to a friend to convince him to get certified and dive with you :)

Having 2 or 3 sets of fins is perfectly normal:D I've got 3, well 2, after giving my first pair to my brother. I use my Atomic split fins when diving wetsuit and an OMS slipstream when diving dry.

My wife and I each have 2 pair of Oceanic V12 split fins.
One size for wet suit boots and one larger pair for dry suit boots.

I've got the Atomics and there great. I have a pair of jet fins for diving in cooler waters with currents. Yes, there is a difference. The split loses some power. You feel the jets in the calf after working into the currents.
DP

All told, 4 sets...

However, the Apollo Bios are the favorite...

Two pair makes you a lightweight scuba gear consumer :D ONLY two pair...geez! Call us when you get a minimum of 4 pair...of the SAME fin in the same size. :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Hmmm... your money, you can buy what-ever you want...
Me, I have a long pair of freediving fins (that I bought 30# ago), SP Jet fins, my set of Dacor purple fins and an old set of gum rubber duck feet fins (50's era)

1 pair Apollo Prestige for wet, especially in in the pool,1 pair SP Twin Jets for wet and 1 pair SP Twin Jets for the drysuit

Three sets. First set are the ones I bought for OW. Hated them. Have Jets for diving wet, and Turtles for diving dry. Which I had ONE set for e/t.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom