How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's still a long ways off for me, unfortunately. However, I borrowed my buddy's stage regs to try out my doubles when he forgot his doubles regs and we realized I could still read the pressure gauge over my shoulder (shallow dive, 20-25 feet).... That R190 breathed pretty well. Has me excited to get the 550 & 600 next week. :)

However, I'm kind of sad I paid $350 for a MK25/S550 combo with a short hose, when one of the 25/600 combos I was looking at had a 7' hose already and went for $300 this morning... Just knew I wouldn't be up in time for an auction that ended at 9am when I work nights.

I have a back mount doubles set of Apeks tec3's/XTX 50's 2 DS4/XTX 40 deco regs. 4 stage regs set up with Hollis DC3's and Oceanic Omega 2's in Yellow, Orange, Green, and Pink. 3 spare Hollis 212's 2 more unused Omega 2's in clear and pink. My singles set is a Hollis DC7, a blue Omega 2 and an Air XS2. And my pool reg is what Edge is now calling their enduro. Ohh also my Dive Rite argon reg. Then there is everything on my wall. A Dacor double hose, which I have dived, a couple old AL Calypso's, 2 parkway regs, and a scubapro air 1.

I'm certain I'm forgetting something.....

Hmmm, counting only fully assembled, dive ready, compete reg sets (single tank diving):

(2) Apeks XTX 200s (yoke, although have DIN conversion kits on hand for them)
(1) Atomic M1 (DIN with Titanium yoke adapter/sealed)
(1) Atomic T2 (DIN with Titanium yoke adapter/sealed)
(2) Aqualung Titan LX (1-yoke/ 1 DIN with Titanium yoke adapter/enviro-sealed)
(1) Mares Ruby (yoke, upgraded to dry-sealed 1st-stage, tri-material HP 'seat')
(1) Mares MR16 Voltrex (DIN with yoke adapter)
(1) Poseidon Jetstream (DIN with yoke adapter)

Add for double tank diving:

(4) Poseidon Jetstreams (DIN with yoke adapter)

Add for ongoing 2011 reg projects:

(2) Aqualung Titan LX (presently yoke) in the middle of assembling all the components to build them up to complete reg sets (already have some MIFLEX, cold-water kits, DIN kits, one Apex Egress octo, some SS clips, Seacures, SPG's....still needing more SS clips/MIFLEX/ Atomic swivel hoses.)

....and I'm not going to bother counting my twin hose vintage regs, and some surplus Poseidon and Mares regs/components in storage or for sale.

My main focus for 2011 is no more regs (stop the madness!) but upgrading more existing units with more Atomic Cobalts.

What components and/or regs do you have on sale..? I use Poseidon jet stream, 3960

What components and/or regs do you have on sale..? I use Poseidon jet stream, 3960

You realize that his post was made in 2011, right? :D

So far, just 3 HOG D1 and 4 Classics for my doubles and a stage (with a spare Classic).

Probably will end up with another of each (at least) in the spring for another stage (or put a single tank rig together to drag someone into the water with), and looking into a reg for argon.

BRad

Well now I've bumped it up +1 on each, so I guess thats

4 D1
5 Classics

Double
Single
Stage

BRad

3 ...

1 × Atomic M1 (plus M1 octopus) - superb.

1 x Atomic T3 (plus T2 octopus) - superb.

1 x Apeks DS4 + XTX40 - going back to the shop as it failed on me yesterday whilst kitting up for a dve. It is 9 months old and used as a back up on side cylinder. Apalled to be honest given how much kudos etc. people give Apeks and how well treated and how well looked after my kit is.

I used to dive a Scubapro MK25 (+ R385 octopus) and an Apeks XTX50 (+ XTX50 octopus) before I converted to my Atomics.

My Ex would ask how many regulators I needed.

Seven :confused:

It's breathing, not gastronomy.

Carrying two regulators is the recommended safe practice and a third spare regulator is usefull in a save-a-dive-kit would you notice a major regulator problem on the shore. Has proven to be usefull. You do not need more than three, unless you intend to carry stage bottles and dive to excessive depths/penetrations. Now what you WANT is another story :wink:

I've got 5 working Poseidon Cyklon regs for twins+deko/stages. Plus another (about) 5 waiting for service/spares. Plus 2 for Argon. And one for the DAN Oxykit.

Oops, 13.

I've got 8 Cyklon Metal second stages and one Cyklon in pink plastic. All are serviced by me and kept in pristine condition.
I'm combining cyklons with Apeks DS4 first stages. (yes these work perfectly together!!!) and using them on twins and stages.
I also have couple of Cyklon 300 first stages, but not diving them regularly. I will maybe take one for argon...

Full disclosure - I am a vintage equipment diver, when you upgrade your decades old regulator, I get interested:

At last count, ummm, 38: 13 double hose and 25 single hose. Of course I may have forgotten about one or two more that are in pieces on the bench.

Favorites include my single stage double hose regulators from USDivers/Aqualung and Voit, especially the Voit 50 Fathom and USD Jet-Air, and in single hose regulators, AMF/Voit MR-12II, ScubaPro R109/MkV and USD Conshelfs as all are "benchmark" American made regulators.

Oceanic base level something or other, Neptune Space G ffm, heading in to pick up an A700BT in about a half hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom