How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own 9 i think. 2 sidemount, 2 stages, 1 O2 clean, 2 tech regs, 2 sets of recreational and an additional backup. Maybe I should stop buying gear? hahaha

Yep, LOL, scary thread indeed.
Until recently my son and I only had 2 rec sets and when going solo I needed to borrow my son's 1st stage, primary, spg & computer. Then I got a SM set (when it seemed like it was a good deal), but it has not been wet yet. Not sure it should count then. All Apeks, all in the DST / XTX50/40 family, all DIN (I figure I learn servicing one thing first...)

Anyway, working on inducing more family members to diving... greatly looking forward to it. Somewhat worried where it may lead when successful.

BTW, how do you store a regulator (or assembled reg set), that you know will not be used for a good while? Hanging? Laying? Assembled? Disassembled? Port plugs open or closed (o-rings squeezed or not) Open on a shelf or in a drawer? In a baggy with dessicant?
Whichever way. Why that way?

Last edited:
I pop the dust cap on, remove all hoses and put port plugs in. No desiccant, I don't like the idea of odd powders around my breathing bits.

I have a bunch of the dust caps from the hoses so I keep one end on the 2nd stage and cap the other.

No particular reason, it just seemed sensible to me and its more space efficient than keeping them as full sets though that would work as well.

1 main set (AL Legend LX Supreme - yoke)

1 pony (Apeks XTX200)

1 backup (AL Legend LX Supreme - din) I bought used off someone I know. No SPG or octo

3 x SP MK25 Evo/S600's... for now
I'm thinking about a pair of the Deep 6's when I eventually get into sidemount.

Normally, I don't like to think about gear threads. I've got a few other serious addictions:
1. Kiteboarding
2. Deep sea fishing

:-O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom