• 500 - 1000 - I'm a diving guru

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • 1000+ I taught Cousteau

Votes: 25 3.6%
  • 2000+ Cousteau, that whipper snapper

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 3000+ I dived with the dinosaurs

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 0 - I don't have any idea how many dives I've made.

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just logged number 71 last Sunday in Cozumel. I will be on a 6 day liveaboard going to Cay Sal August 10th and have weekend dive planned in West Palm Beach for Labor Day. I definetly will be over the 100 mark, but I agree that I would say I am getting the hang of it, but yet in comparison to so many others I am a rookie.

I did not finish all my specialty dives for SSI advanced, I am actually completing my Deep Dive Specialty and will be doing my Stress & Rescue class in September. I will then have the SSI Master Diver certification and jump over the Advanced.

Wow, the "rookies" have it.

I'm religious about logging (maybe because at 24 dives, the novelty still hasn't worn off). And I feel like I'm just now leaving the steep part of the learning curve, so every dive so far has been uniquely meaningful. I've got a trip planned once a month for the next 5 months -- which will bring me to about 40 dives, I imagine -- and then I think it's time for some continuing education...

have 30 dives for 1 year of diving... and now the big question why did I wait all these years to start!!!

I may be a newb to this site, but not to diving...
Ive cracked the 500+ dives, but have to disagree with the automatic title of 'dive guru'... Every dive i do, i see something, learn something or just appreciate the sport even more.
I don't earn a living from diving, don't work in the industry, and have done it all in 5-6yrs!! Most of my logged dives are just downloaded on the pc, cheers mr Suunto :eek:ut: !!
Its good to look back and see how my avg air consumption has plummeted, along with my bank balance ;-))
As for what counts as a dive? i would say breathing compressed air while u/w, but then i thought about chamber 'dives'...... ;-)

I don't rate anybody by the number of dives they have, Ive dived with 'gurus' who had trouble asembling gear, let alone diving. It's all about confidence, and being keen!

Unfortunately I'm still a rookie with only 31 dives, but I've only been diving for a year. Now if I could count all the dives I've done in my fantasies and dreams.....:) ! Plan to add to my numbers as soon & as often as time & (grrrr) money allow!

I really don't know. I did not really keep a log book until recently. I really regret not doing that. I've logged about 60 dives this year though.

All of you guys who are just starting out diving, keep a detailed logbook!! You'll appreciate it later.

I was asking my buddy who has been diving for about 18 years how many dives he has logged...turns out around 50...says he just gave up on trying to remember to log them. "Logbook?" he says with a look of confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom