• 500 - 1000 - I'm a diving guru

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • 1000+ I taught Cousteau

Votes: 25 3.6%
  • 2000+ Cousteau, that whipper snapper

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 3000+ I dived with the dinosaurs

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 0 - I don't have any idea how many dives I've made.

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

according to this thread i only need 20 more dives to be pretty advanced. I thought I was still learning.:crawl:

A 1000 dive goal. Why? If that were my goal, I would have quit diving some time ago. I will sometimes set a specific number as a yearly or monthly goal, but never as life time goal. My life time goal is to never stop. The number will be where ever it is when I die.

I only have 93 EAN dives.

I would like to do several things.
Diving is one of them.
So I have several goals in my life.

In case of diving , it's not difficult to guess dive times in own life.
I think that the goal drive me to the future.
It's not necesary to decide dive times as own goal of course.

taro tokyo,japan
http://homepage2.nifty.com/scuba/e-index.htm

Originally posted by Walter
A 1000 dive goal. Why? If that were my goal, I would have quit diving some time ago. I will sometimes set a specific number as a yearly or monthly goal, but never as life time goal. My life time goal is to never stop. The number will be where ever it is when I die.

I only have 93 EAN dives.

kodiak san

Thank you for your post.
I saw your profile.
Nice photo!
And I consulted a dictionary for looking up "headend"...

14 dives under the ice before moving to the Caribbean. 1 dive on a rebreather. 3 full rescue dives. Guess I'm still learning.

The month of May had me logging 25 dives... too much time in the dive shop doing repairs. :help:

I'll be celebrating my 400th on my trip to the channel islands in 2 weeks! WOW, I wish I lived closer to the ocean and it would be 3 times that many.

I have only been certified since 1999 (a millenium ago.) ButI love the local stuff all year. 100 dives for that time frame is not incredible, but I am stepping up my involvement as I progress toward leadership certifications.

I still feel kind of new, although buddies have commented how calm I am under water. (Maybe there is something to my astrology water sign after all?)

I got certified in 1988, but didn't do any diving after getting cert. Then I got recertified in 1999 and immediately got advanced cert for dry suit.

I bought a dry suit and took it out for my 50th dive over Memorial Day Weekend. Just when I was "getting the hang of it" *bouyancy* now has a whole new meaning. :)

Have a better one
. paul

wwww.myscuba.com/getdeep/

Back
Top Bottom