• 500 - 1000 - I'm a diving guru

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • 1000+ I taught Cousteau

Votes: 25 3.6%
  • 2000+ Cousteau, that whipper snapper

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 3000+ I dived with the dinosaurs

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 0 - I don't have any idea how many dives I've made.

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

still a rookie... but close to getting the hang of this stuff

Interesting thread..........

I have been diving for 3 years. I have about 125 dives logged. My last 25 dives have an average of 100ft, My last 9 dives have an average of 112ft for 67minutes Total Run Time. I had, between a four dive session an average depth of about 140ft for 43min average, total run time.

Could I have more dives? Sure I could. I choose to not dive in 20ft of sludge for 40minutes and call it a dive. Sure it's a dive, I've done them, and occassionally still do.

What does it all mean??? (Besides I'm a little number crazy?) I get a chuckle over guys......PADI Instructors come to mind,.... that have 300 dives......50% of them in water 35ft deep max, for 30 minutes at a time. Sure it's a dive.

I guess what I am saying is, I dive for quality over quantity. I have a mission on every dive. I choose deeper wreck dives over quarries and 20ft rivers. There's a place for quarries, it's called honing new skills and practicing all our skills. I do them too.

Could I do more? Sure I could. When we do 2 tank boat dives over a given wreck, I choose one long deco dive over two shorter ones, therefore limitting my actual number of dives, but my Time Under Water remains at about 75 hours for an average, which considering the number of instructional/practicing diving would really be the average guys 175 dives I would assume.

It's quality of dives over quantity. My dives as of late would be considered fairly "world class", including diving the Empress, and a few to touching 200ft.

But I still enjoy puddle jumping with my wife. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom