• 500 - 1000 - I'm a diving guru

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • 1000+ I taught Cousteau

Votes: 25 3.6%
  • 2000+ Cousteau, that whipper snapper

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 3000+ I dived with the dinosaurs

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 0 - I don't have any idea how many dives I've made.

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3200 today!!

At this point, I really don't know and it would be quite a chore for me to come close. So when I voted, I said somewhere over 1000. Most were logged somewhere, and I still have some of the logs. But not all, dating back to 1959.

SeaRat

Well I am a diving instructor in warm water. I manage a diving center and I dive every day two to three times a day. I tell the people to log their dives, it is very important. I haven't got a proper logbook but I put all my dive in a computer PC. I have around 7500 now but it is not a great deal. It is not the number of dive that count. What is important is: do you still enjoy yourself? I still enjoy myself every dive because I discover something new every dive. Some new fish or their behavior or my custumer's behavior. It is a fantastic job. My daughter aged 10 has 30 dives and she loves it, she dive on the same spot every time but she is enjoying herself.

ENJOY JUST ENJOY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMANTABOY

mantaboy once bubbled...
. My daughter aged 10 has 30 dives and she loves it, she dive on the same spot every time but she is enjoying herself.

But maybe next time we should take Leah along?

As far as logged dives go...I just hit 290 during my last trip. Many more that weren't logged in the first 10 or so years of diving.

Mantaboy,

'Glad to hear you are able to get your daughter enjoying the warm water. Both my boys were on swim team, became wonderful swimmers, and I introduced them to diving too, but in the North Umpqua River of Oregon. It's not the same as where you are. Enjoy the warmth, the life, the beauty that you see there, knowing that it is not reproduceable in other locals. And you're right about your emphysis on enjoyment, knowledge of the sea, and becoming enthralled by the wonders around us; it's much more important than the number of logged dives.

SeaRat

PS--neither of my boys pursued even becoming certified divers.

I can't believe this post is still alive..... wonder if it will make it a year...

WOW... there are 9 people with over 3000 dives... amazing... I guess by the time I'm like 60 I might have that many, but will I remember???

Have a great holiday season everyone :D

Yeah, I can't believe I keep getting emails on this thread that someone posted to it....it refuses to die!

I did a chamber dive this winter...does anyone log these things, if you've had the chance to do them?

It was a blast...we were playing around blowing up latex gloves and watching them shrink on the way down and blow up on the way back up..good fun =) Plus, everyone was narced and we were all talking like donald duck because of the higher air density...hehe. A great time!

I have four. But i am going to the carribean this january so that number should increase. I was certified in november of this year and now the cold weather has started so have to wait. Kinda sucks but oh well.

I really feel tiny in comparison to pretty much all of you. I've logged 6 dives and I'm going to the FLorida Aquarium next month to dive in their new shark exibit. At 16 years old, with limited money and hardly any available diving buddies....logging dives is somewhat of a challenge at the moment. I've been diving less than a year and I know that in the coming years I will log many many more.

Amber:

Amber,

It's great that you've taken up the sport. I started out at about your age, and in high school we started a dive club affiliated with the adult dive club, but called the Salem Junior Aqua Club. We planned our own dives, in conjunction with the adult dives because they provided the transportation, and some of the leadership too. Anyway, it's a good way to get together and enjoy the benifits of diving with people in your age group who love diving.

'Hope you enjoy the aquarium. I haven't done that yet, but in Oregon there is an opportunity to do so. I'll probably have to wait until I retire though, because there is a big time commitment to diving for the Oregon Coast Aquarium.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom