How do you want to die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had an overwhelming fear of death ever since I became an atheist.

Funny, I thought this would give you a sense of calm. We'll maybe just me.

I hope I die having lived life.

What I want done with my remains is to be cremated and my ashes mixed into the concrete that they use to make reef balls and then I want the reef ball to be used to create a new reef (preferably in warmer and clearer water).

TraceMalin:
How do you want to die?

I have to agree with my brother, I don't want to. I know I will and I'm OK with it, but I don't want to. When the time comes, I'd like to face it and spit in its eye.

Saspotato:
I have had an overwhelming fear of death ever since I became an atheist.

Why are you an atheist? That's a religion I don't understand.

I just hope that when I die, I'm reincarnated as a warm water diver! It would be nice to be a coral reef ecologist for a change instead of a kelp forest one!

I dont think I will ever be OK with dying. It just sucks.
I hope for a peaceful death where I can accept things, but I doubt when the time comes and I stare at the white that I wont reach for the sunglasses. I doubt I will look it in the face and accept it. I will probably fight to the end.

Everyone dies, I watched my father and brother die when I was 18 and know my father died fighting simply from the way the rudder peddals and stick were marked. I watched my grandfather die from alzhiemers. I am convinced that disease is harder on the surviors than the victum. In the last few years of his life, I know he had no idea what was going on, yet we all had to take care of him and watch the deterioration. The "person" died long before his body did.

Because everyone dies, I dont worry about it. Eventually the tank gets to 0psi and there isnt a lot you can do except hold your breath (and that doesnt work for very long).

I also dont tend to worry about making sure I live my life or worry about what other people are going to think of me when Im gone (because I will be dead). I do try to be nice to people (while im alive) because it will make my life easier if we all just hold hands and sing kumbya. Fighting and grudges takes way too much effort.

I keep, for lack of a better term, a bucket list. Things I want to do. The list continually changes, and some items continue to get repeated (like pee in the morning instead of 2AM). Other items are do once and forget the T-Shirt because the preview was better than the movie. My list way to long and some items have been there since I was 4.

At some point, I will die, and that will mean that I have screwed up one of the items on my list. I just want that to be may pages later than the item Im on now.

A lot of guys wanting to go with hot chicks in some fashion or another...

paddler3d:
First off atheism is not a religion. It isn't even a philosophy. Atheists simply believe that there is no god...on any sort.

I beg to differ. A religion is a set of beliefs, based on faith, with no proof, about God. There is no proof that God does not exist. Atheism is the belief, based on faith alone, that there is no God. Atheism is a religion.

A purely logical person that bases belief on facts alone is agnostic, not atheist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom