How do you want to die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not necessarily.

DESIGNERDIVER:
the talk of sex should help to difuse the religion arguement

Three days after the discussion about religious terms has ended, you are looking to difuse it?

Having recently seen death first hand I want to go peacefully, not fighting, not struggling, even if it takes morphine to keep me comfy. I want to have my loved ones around me and hopefully at some point pass on the joy and peace that comes from going home to them as it was to me. I will never forget that no matter how much it hurt me it also was a blessing that she was able to see that and at least try to put it into words. It brought great comfort to me and her mom. I would hope to be able to do the same for those who may be with me at my last minute. And I want someone to hold me or my hand as I did her and tell me it's ok to rest. To walk. To run. To take the hands of those waiting for me and feel whole again. I used to have doubts as well as to the existence of a better place. For those that still do I truly feel sorry for you. I know it's there with no doubt in my mind whatsoever. I saw it in her eyes and her smile and in the radiance that flowed from them.

Three days after the discussion about religious terms has ended, you are looking to difuse it?
it was said in jest..............get over it

Peacefully, in my sleep, just like my Grandfather did.

Not screaming and crying like the people in his car did.

the K

In a safety obsessed society that is killing the human spirit in favor of the illusion of security, and in a safety-obsessed sport that has made diving-related death and injuries a sin, the question is begged, when and how is it okay for a human-being to die? Are we destined for abusive care, neglected, in old age homes? Is longevity and quantity somehow better than quality and substance? Is age and disease the only respectable way to go?

Since we are all going to die one day, and since society gives us so many choices as consumers, but gives us less freedom in how we live our lives, if we could have the final freedom to choose where and how we die, what would you choose?

This post is not meant to be morbid, but rather a psychological poll and a look at the mindset of modern men and women. Diving is one way we've chosen to define ourselves in life. But, if the choice were ours to make, how would we define our lives by our deaths?

Your statement is incorrect. Our society has more thrill seekers per capita than any where else in the word. More divers, more pilots, more rock climbers ect.

We also enjoy the highest per capita population of attorneys.

I plan to live forever or die in the attempt.

sorry, Mr. Heller

I believe in the God of Abraham and His Son. If I'm wrong then when I die I have lived as best I could; I just die and that's the worst that will happen. If the athiest is wrong then when he dies, that is when the worst begins.

Me too! Not looking forward to the event - and am certainly not worried about it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom