How do you want to die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I beg to differ. A religion is a set of beliefs, based on faith, with no proof, about God. There is no proof that God does not exist. Atheism is the belief, based on faith alone, that there is no God. Atheism is a religion.

I don't mean to be rude here, but that is one f*&%$d up argument.

Atheism is 100% not a religion.

Religion Definition | Definition of Religion at Dictionary.com

Atheism as a religion is used by those who can't process the fact that there are people out there (around 14% here, in the US) who do not believe in god, a higher being, supernatural beings, whatever you want to call it, exist.

I always figure I have been on borrowed time since Vietnam.

I like to ski, SCUBA, and ride motorcycles.

My Father died @ 90, after about 6-7 years of Alzheimer's. It was very
sad to watch this vibrant man lose his mind while his body was still intact.

We can not control how we go, of course. We can control, at least to some extent, how we live.

For me, I'll take some clearing weather and a dive or two at Point Lobos.

The oceans will be there long after we all are gone. I would like to see as much of it as I can
before I go.

With alot of poptarts and chocolate in my tummy . . . and hopefully quickly with no warning. Firm believer that if we live our daily lives in a way that ensures the people we care about know how we feel, there is no need for goodbye.

I believe in the God of Abraham and His Son. If I'm wrong then when I die I have lived as best I could; I just die and that's the worst that will happen. If the athiest is wrong then when he dies, that is when the worst begins.

paddler3d:
I don't mean to be rude here, but that is one f*&%$d up argument.

Of course you do.

paddler3d:
Atheism is 100% not a religion.

Believe what you will.

paddler3d:
Atheism as a religion is used by those who can't process the fact that there are people out there (around 14% here, in the US) who do not believe in god, a higher being, supernatural beings, whatever you want to call it, exist.

I understand there are people who believe there is no God. It's a very simple concept.

Believe what you will. Accept it on faith. Delude yourself that it is not a religion. Be happy.

Of course you do.

Believe what you will.

I understand there are people who believe there is no God. It's a very simple concept.

Believe what you will. Accept it on faith. Delude yourself that it is not a religion. Be happy.

You sound like you are channeling my mother...

edited as off topic

Last edited:
edited as off topic

Last edited:
How about the millions and millions of people over the millenia who have been murdered/killed in the name of some god?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom