How do you want to die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to die under a metorite the size of a small moon.... thats right .. I'm taking everyone with me :D

Why not taking advantage of the fact that we are as human beings so privileged in comparison to all non human inhabitants of this world by killing yourself when you think and feel the time is right?
That's at least my plan since I was twenty years old ( thirty two years ago). To know that I can do this and quite probably one day will do this, gives me a lot of peace in mind and helps me to be relaxed also in difficult times.

My thoughts exactly. While I do not give my death a lot of thought these days (I did when I was a kid), if asked I want it just like DrBill.

Old, relaxed, enjoying the waning days of my life on a warm island with my lovely bride...preferably quietly in my sleep.

Screw dying "doing what I love".

saw the recent posts, thought about it a bit more and "quietly in my sleep" does sound like the best option :D

I want to die in the dental chair. He's caused me enough discomfort it's only right that I return the favor.

Massive Coronary while in the saddle al la Nelson Rockefeller

I have had an overwhelming fear of death ever since I became an atheist. If I stop to think about it any deeper than a superficial level I really freak out. Nothingness is basically something I cannot conceive of and it scares the crap out of me.

So, I guess I would like to die quickly and unexpectedly if I had to pick. Though, I have told my partner and family if I am ever to be in a vegetative state that under no circumstances do I want to be taken off life support, even if I'm there for years and years (I told my partner he's free to move on and see others though :rofl3:). Basically the life I have now is all I will ever have and I wouldn't want to risk being taken off life support when they might discover a cure to fix me. Death is the most horrifying concept ever. It is already upsetting to me that I cannot fit more into my life than I am currently doing so. :) I remember seeing this comic recently actually and it really getting to me: http://i.imgur.com/URNqK.jpg I have to make the most of things.

I hope they discover how to make people immortal by the time I get close to death. I figure, they have about sixty years, get to it!

I have had an overwhelming fear of death ever since I became an atheist.
Death--your own or a loved one's--is what makes being an atheist difficult. Think of it as payback for a lifetime of Sundays free (or Saturdays, as the case may be).:wink:

I have told my partner and family if I am ever to be in a vegetative state that under no circumstances do I want to be taken off life support, even if I'm there for years and years.
Spoken like somebody with access to subsidized health care.:wink:

I have had an overwhelming fear of death ever since I became an atheist. If I stop to think about it any deeper than a superficial level I really freak out. Nothingness is basically something I cannot conceive of and it scares the crap out of me.

Hence why *I* believe that religion is so strong in so many humans, they just cannot accept that their ride on this dust ball is ALL they have, period.

It used to bother me, now it does not. My ashes will be scattered back to the planet, and in some small way I will assist in the growth of new things though I will be gone.

Sounds good to me.

It used to bother me, now it does not. My ashes will be scattered back to the planet, and in some small way I will assist in the growth of new things though I will be gone.

Sounds good to me.

This isn't "how" I want to die but what I want after...The day I die, I was hoping to have a hollow block tied around my waist and dumped off my boat out over the deep wall of the reef. It would be a nice payback for all the fish I've shot out there. :D

I Don't want to.

Not realistic, but I still don't want to. But since I will eventually die, I would rather go in my sleep after being a really pain in the butt old curmudgeon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom