How do you want to die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My mother always said, "If the Good Lord loves me at all, He will take me in my sleep." She passed quietly in her sleep in 1994 at 60 years old. Other than in my sleep: I don't want to see it coming. As for not being painful: one will not remember anyway.

Going out with my figurative boots on fighting for every last breath and heart beat, and taking whomever killed me with me.

Ninety years old, $700,000.00 in debt, with a post coital glow.:wink:

Trace, this is a very interesting question and one with which I've had some experience.

As with everyone else, I just want to die and I will when it is my time. I've had two very close calls in my life, one in which I "saw the light" after arresting (Lynne was the doc who started CPR on me). Death, at least without trauma, ain't bad at all.

I hope my time won't come for a long time, but if it does, I'll be able to say I've had a wonderful life filled with wonderful people. For what more could I wish?

I am only 38 and have not thought about this much actually, I have a positive outlook on life, but, having read the posts of others, can relate also :D

I will not go with sustained external care, either underwater peacefully (my first choice) or as otherwise suggested here (in the arms of someone I love) for land alternatives :D

Donna

Trace,

lol, I am a thread killer, should have told you this in advance :D

Donna

Trace,

lol, I am a thread killer, should have told you this in advance :D

Donna

I guess we know how this thread wants to die then. At the hands of Donna... :shakehead:

Nope.

This has been both interesting and amusing.

I've thought about several ways to die. Unlike some, I'd like to be aware of it for a chance to have one last talk with God. But, it doesn't have to be a long conversation. While I do not think I'll be able to "go gently into that goodnight", I also don't know want to "rage ... rage" when it comes.

My ways to die ...

1. Served on a Splatter ... I'm thinking about returning to the sport of skydiving and becoming serious about it. One minute, you're laughing with your friends, 30 seconds and two expletives later, you're ground beef.

2. Jawed ... I'm with Dr. Bill. The ocean, my Planet Blue surfboard, and coming face to jaws with the ghost that's haunted my nightmares. I took a probable test bump, once, that cost me serious coin to replace my skeg, skeg box and the fist size punch through the fiberglass.

3. Climb-axed ... I wrote a short story in college about a climber understanding what Hemingway's leopard was doing atop Kilimanjaro. Finding a certain "immortality" where the scavengers won't consume you ... no mortician will abuse you ... no burial or cremation. Just sitting down on top of one of the world's highest places once you give up, not caring that you aren't going to make it down.

4. Shallow Grave ... Having had 3 shallow water blackouts while freediving, this way to die is painless and easy. Mentally, you kind of make peace with it during deep descents and you realize the risks associated with the sport. It's like going to sleep in the best state of mind and body, in the water, and doing something I really love.

5. W'hors d'œuvre ... Getting caught with your supermodel girlfriend's supermodel BFF after teaching her how to use your Glock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom